Chief Security Officer at A Leading Aviation Company
An Aviation Company is looking to hire a retired Officer with a strong military Intelligence background to head its Security Department, in the position below:
Job Title: Chief Security Officer
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
- The successful candidate will be responsible for securing the Organisation & physical and material assets.
- He will also be responsible for maintenance of Security policies and procedures as well as investigating and tracking of incidents and breaches and in compliance with federal and state laws.
Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- To carry out the appropriate defined security processes and procedures in accordance with company policies and values.
- Carry out third party oversight of Airport stakeholders including airside operators.
- To ensure knowledge and understanding of all appropriate safety responsibilities as detailed in the Aerodrome Manual.
- To ensure knowledge and understanding of all appropriate security responsibilities as detailed in job description and other relevant policy d documents.
- To ensure that standards set at security training courses are adhered to; to ensure a knowledge and understanding of all appropriate security responsibilities as detailed in the Airport/Aerodrome Manual.
- Adhere to all regulations and relevant Aviation Security legislation, Aviation Crimes Act, ICAO annex 17 and the Civil Aviation Act
- Keep current with FAAN and NCAA regulations and policy and maintain a good knowledge of contingency plans, relevant law and practices.
- Supervise movements of passengers, employees, aircraft and vehicles in aerodrome movement areas to ensure safety is not compromised
- Establish and maintain effective security liaison with government, Airport authority and Local, State and Federal law enforcement agencies.
- Evaluate security trends, evolving threats, risks and vulnerabilities and ensuring response capability.
- Initiate special security measures’ during period of increased security threats.
- Provide expert advice to Management in all security functions regarding protection, intelligence, information and investigation.
- The development, presentation and delivery of effective and relevant Initial and recurrent security training.
- Liaise with HR to conduct background check on newly hire employees.
- Develop emergency procedures and incident responses.
- Investigate security breaches.
- Implement disciplinary procedures.
- Conduct auditstofind holes in security platform.
- Develop risk management assessments.
Minimum Education and Work Experience
- University Degree or its Equivalent.
- At least 15 years’ experience in any of the Nigerian law enforcement agency.
- Experience with the Nigerian policeforce is highly desirable.
Competencies and Key Requirements:
- Excellent communkation skills (verbal and written)
- Health & Safety Awareness
- Safety management
- Ability to cope under pressure
- Excellent Creativity& Innovative skills
- High level of personal credibility
- Result oriented.
Application Closing Date
28th February, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Cover letter with Resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org