Chief Performance Management Partner at the African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries).
The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5s), all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Performance Management Partner
Location: Côte d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50085742
- The Senior Vice-Presidency complex (SNVP) is responsible for supporting the President in the day-to-day management of the Bank Group to achieve it strategic objective, and drive performance culture that will align all processes and systems to deliver high impact results.
- The SNVP will provide effective leadership and exceptional coordination to ensure implementation and monitoring of key corporate decisions as well as the identification of necessary corrective measures and actions.
- The SNVP leads senior management discussions, decisions-making process and the implementation of key board and management decisions.
The Hiring Department
- The Department for Delivery, Performance Management and Results is at the centre of Bank’s efforts to improve operational and corporate performance, accelerate the pace of delivery and increase impact on development.
- As part of its mandate, it also works to strengthen the Bank’s external and internal accountability for results and promotes a performance-driven culture across the organisation.
- The Delivery Unit is responsible for driving delivery and performance improvements in critical priority areas of the Bank.
- It oversees, leads and coordinates operational performance management activities, provides early warning on areas of poor performance, to facilitate quick decision making and support organisational Units in delivering the Bank’s mandate.
The key objectives of the position of the Chief Performance Management Partner will be to:
- To facilitate and coordinate performance management activities of assigned Complexes and Regional Hubs.
- To provide analytical support and build capacity of assigned Complexes and Regional Hubs for sustained delivery of their respective priority initiatives and operational targets.
- To improve and maintain organizational effectiveness by creating an enabling and constructive accountability and performance management culture within assigned Complexes and Regional Hubs.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Manager – Delivery Unit, the Chief Performance Management Partner will perform the following duties:
- Coordinate and facilitate the development and monitoring of Complexes/Regional Hubs delivery plans, setting milestones, targets and trajectories to ensure enhanced performance and sustained focus on delivery.
- Engage with organizational units on operational performance management issues and create transparency by tracking progress on their delivery plans through presentation of periodic, and routine delivery and performance reports.
- Guide and support the design of Business Intelligence Reports with particular attention to the development of a coherent storyline on performance trajectory with practical recommendations on remedial actions.
- Coordinate in-depth reviews of critical business processes and delivery systems to address bottlenecks, areas of duplication, inefficiencies and bureaucracy affecting Complex/Regional Hubs performance and effectiveness.
- Guide and support the design and implementation of the Integrated Management Information systems (MIS).
- Supervise junior teams in routine analytical work
Including Desirable Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Hold at least a Master’s Degree or its equivalent in Business Administration, Management, Finance, Economics or a related discipline.
- Have a minimum of seven (07) years of relevant experience in performance management and reporting with solid understanding of both corporate and operational performance issues.
- Experience in Business process Re-engineering and knowledge on the development and use of Corporate Score cards and Dashboards.
- Excellent technical, analytical skills with established track record in achieving results.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and synthesize complex issues (translated into effective oral and written communications).
- Proven experience in coordination activities with demonstrated ability to work across institutional boundaries with various teams and utilize talent and expertise of team members in a productive way.
- Ability to plan and prioritise appropriately, take balanced and timely decisions.
- Having Private sector experience is advantageous
- Innovation & Creativity
- Client Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Team working and relationships
- Operational Effectiveness
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in French or English with a working knowledge of the other;
- Competence in the use of standard MS office applications (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint) and preferably SAP.
Application Closing Date
22nd December, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online