Chief of Party at FHI 360 – Abuja, Yola
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief of Party, Addressing Education in Northeast Nigeria Activity
Requisition – 2017200283
Locations: Abuja, Yola-Adamawa
- FHI 360 is seeking qualified Chief of Party candidates in anticipation of a solicitation by USAID for a new project, the Addressing Education in Northeast Nigeria Activity.
- The project will help to ensure equitable access to certified basic education opportunities in Nigeria, specifically addressing the needs of youth in Nigeria’s conflict-affected northeastern states of Borno, Adamawa, and Yobe. Other states or locations may be included in project activities.
- The Chief of Party (CoP) will serve as the project’s technical and administrative director, overseeing all aspects of award compliance, project finance and operations, coordinated implementation of activities, and timely submission of high quality reports and deliverables.
- Specifically, the COP will provide technical direction and quality oversight for the design and implementation of activities that increase the capacity of education authorities to plan, manage, and oversee education services in areas impacted by violence and displaced populations.
- This individual will guide the development and implementation of strategies to ensure the availability of appropriate instructional materials and trained teachers needed to provide conflict-sensitive, flexible, and high quality basic education that addresses the academic and emotional needs of students.
- The COP will oversee a core project team that includes senior technical, finance, and operations personnel, as well as teams of project implementation personnel to ensure successful implementation of project activities in each of the target states. The COP will serve as primary liaison with USAID, government counterparts, and key stakeholder representatives.
- Providing technical direction and oversight of project activities
- Maintaining positive relations with the client, government counterparts, and program partners
- Promoting clear and constructive communications with the client to ensure a shared vision for project activities and outcomes, address implementation challenges, and encourage the sharing of best practices and project successes
- Overseeing that project activities are compliant with the approved work plan and that project results are aligned with the project monitoring plan
- Ensuring the accuracy and technical quality of all project deliverables, including periodic performance reports, financial and technical reports, training materials, and instructional materials
- Supervising in-country project personnel, including senior technical, finance, and operations personnel
- Engaging corporate support units (in country and at corporate headquarters) for technical and administrative support, as needed
- Master’s degree in education, international development, or related field required
- 10 years of relevant project management experience providing technical leadership to major donor funded education and development projects, preferably with activities or components relating to education in conflict and crisis environments
- 5 years of senior project leadership of USAID or US government funded projects
- Demonstrated understanding of USAID rules and regulations, as well as project compliance
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively work with USAID and international donors, government counterparts, and project stakeholders
- Proven ability to work effectively in challenging and potentially unsafe environments
- Excellent team building and supervisory skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Technical and/or project management experience in the education sector in Sub-Saharan Africa, preferably in Nigeria or West Africa
- Proven ability to work and manage activities in challenging environments, specifically locations with shifting security and uncertain political contexts
- Willingness to travel throughout Nigeria, including rural areas and locations with limited security infrastructure
- Proficiency in Hausa and/or other Nigerian local languages
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online