Chief Accountant at Hilton Worldwide
Hilton Worldwide is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton Worldwide has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton Worldwide is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its 13 global brands, which include Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio A Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Hotels, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages the world-class guest reward program Hilton HHonors®.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Accountant
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
- The Chief Accountant will lead various section of the Finance Department and is responsible for the day to day accounting duties.
What will I be doing?
- As the Chief Accountant, you will lead the various sections of the Finance Department and are responsible for the day to day accounting duties.
- You will also provide periodic management reports on the financial performance of the Hotel.
Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Provide full and accurate forecasting and budgeting proposals within the hotel
- Ensure that the Finance team provides month-end closing and all other required management reports
- Ensure all financial regulations are met, through the maintenance of adequate systems of internal control
- Ensure that balance sheets are a fair reflection of the assets and liabilities of the hotel
- Understand the requirements of the Internal Control Program (ICP) and SOX and ensure that the hotel is in compliance
- Work with external/ internal auditors and assist with year-end audit preparations and drafting of financial statements
- Ensure that all internal control procedures are strictly adhered to and communicates any perceived weakness to the Director, Finance/ Financial Controller
- Prepare capital reviews as required by the Management
- Assist the Director, Finance/ Financial Controller in internal daily audits of cash deposits, transfers and the reparation/ monitoring of the capital budget
- Assist to prepare budget and maintain controls on spending to ensure budgetary limits are met
What are we looking for?
The Head of Finance serving Hilton Worldwide brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the qualifications, skills, attitude, behaviours and values that follow:
- Relevant degree in Finance, Accounting or related business disciplines
- At least 3 years experience in a similar position in hotel, leisure or retail sector
- Ability to effectively deal with the concerns of guests and team members in a friendly and positive manner, providing positive and proactive solutions
- Excellent analytical skills – Knowledge of financial operating systems and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong influencing, leadership skills, inter-personal and communication skills
- Detail oriented and organized
- Experience with the IT systems such as PeopleSoft, SUN, Check EAM and Property Management System (advantageous)
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online