Chemonics International Job For A Logistics Management Information System (LMIS) Technical Advisor
Chemonics has been engaged by the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, with the concurrence of USAID to leverage on the GHSC-PSM health supply chain in Nigeria to provide warehousing and distribution services for Global Fund- procured HIV and malaria health commodities in Nigeria. Currently managed by the Global Fund’s Principal Recipients (PRs), Chemonics will work closely with the Global Fund, the PRs, and as needed USAID to implement the warehousing and distribution services for the Global Fund PRs all through till December 2017.
We are hereby seeking to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Logistics Management Information System (LMIS) Technical Advisor
- Chemonics seeks a logistics management information system (LMIS) technical advisor to support the Nigeria Supply Chain Integration Project (NSCIP) in the design and implementation of a comprehensive electronic logistics management information system (e-LMIS) to improve data visibility and inform decision-making.
- In this capacity, the advisor will play a key role in enabling NSCIP to achieve its goal of addressing public health supply chain challenges through HIV, tuberculosis, malaria, reproductive health, and vaccine supply chain integration.
- This short-term position ends in December 2017 but will likely be extended through 2018, and we strongly encourage local nationals to apply. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Review and document the “as-is” and develop the “to-be” business processes
- Evaluate and record the detailed user and functional requirements as well as the technical architecture and design of the e-LMIS
- Work with the Visibility Analytics Network (VAN) Project Management Unit (PMU) and Field Intelligence to develop a budget for system implementation, deployment, and maintenance
- Anticipate project risks and mitigate challenges, ensuring the successful delivery of the e-LMIS
- Build a detailed training plan for onboarding users
- Develop a communication plan to ensure that stakeholders, users, and donors are informed of progress, challenges, and key milestones
- Work with NSCIP and VAN PMU to set up a “help desk”
- Play a key advisory role in developing the request for proposal (RFP) to select a service provider that will identify system solutions and implement the system
- Advise on interoperability strategy and integration specifications
- Map out hardware and equipment requirements, and identify gaps
- Work with system developers during the configuration phase to ensure that implementation deadlines are met
- Provide other needed technical support, including for VAN implementation, as necessary •
- Foster an inclusive workplace environment that creates opportunities, serves others’ needs, builds trust, promotes innovation, and exceeds expectations
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the design, development, and maintenance of enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems; experience in e-LMIS system development and working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics Navision preferred
- Experience working closely with public and private entities in the health supply chain sector
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong negotiation, relationship-management, consensus-building and conflict-resolution abilities
- Ability to navigate highly political situations and coordinate disparate stakeholder groups to ensure timely project delivery
- Minimum of eight years of experience in health-system strengthening, design, and reform in low- and middle-income countries; experience in Nigeria preferred
- Technical expertise in the design of information systems, information technology, and control towers
- Attention to detail and commitment to results
- Nigerian work authorization required
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and cover letter in electronic submissions to: SCSSAMRecruitment@chemonics.com with the subject line “LMIS Technical Advisor – Nigeria”
Note: No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 12th October, 2017.