Chef Urgently Needed In A Reputable Restaurant
Our client, a reputable eatry, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chef
Location: Ring road, Ibadan
- The job description of a head chef requires candidates who can delegate tasks effectively, as well as solve problems and address issues efficiently in a fast paced, high stress environment.
- Candidates for this position must be knowledgeable in food preparation and cooking tasks.
- Head chefs direct and facilitate the preparation, seasoning, and cooking of all food stuffs for a restaurant or any other food-serving facility;
- Plans, prices, and executes the menu; and otherwise oversees the operation of the kitchen.
- Develops menus.
- Develops recipes and standard techniques for food preparation in order to ensure food consistency and quality.
- Remains up to date on new techniques and trends in dining to ensure currency in kitchen food preparation standards.
- Delegates tasks to chefs, cooks, and other personnel to ensure the economical and technically correct preparation of all food items.
- Tracks kitchen expenses.
- Coordinates with food service manager to create and monitor the budget.
- Prepares or directly monitors the preparation of technically difficult dishes.
- Supervises preparation to minimize wastage.
- Assesses operation to ensure all rules and regulations for health, sanitation, and safety are followed.
- Develops training for food preparation personnel in order to safeguard against kitchen accidents.
- Provides on-the-job and professional development training for food preparation personnel.
- Keeps up to date with local, seasonal ingredients and plans menus around them.
- Works to help market the business with the creation of ‘specials’ and unique dishes.
- A minimum of HND/B.Sc or its equivalent.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively and positively in order to manage a crew of kitchen staff.
- Is able to produce large amounts of food effectively and in a short period of time.
- Has organizational skills and the ability to develop and follow schedules for the entire kitchen crew.
- Is knowledgeable on food production and food service managing.
Application Closing Date
15th Feb, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com using Position applying for as the subject