Centre for Communication and Social Impact New Job Position
A Non-Governmental Organization, Centre for Communication and Social Impact (formerly Center for Communication Programs Nigeria) is seeking applications from qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Consultant – Resilient & Accelerated Scale-up of DMPA-SC/Self injection in Nigeria (RASuDiN)
Job Type: Short-term Consultancy
- The Project will be implemented in 10 states (Anambra, Delta, Enugu, Kwara, Lagos, Niger, Ogun, Oyo, Plateau, Rivers, and, serving a total of 15,569,980 WRA through 217 LGAs, 5,651 PHC, 355 Secondary Health Facilities (SHF), and 27 Tertiary Health Facilities (THF))
- RASuDiN will be implemented by a consortium of 2 organisations – the Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) and Centre for Communication and Social Impact (CCSI), with ARFH leading the team.
- The Centre for Communication and Social Impact (CCSI) is charged with the mandate of social and community mobilization and directing traffic from communities to the facilities in the states. CCSI will engage community mobilisers to reach out to priority audiences in these project locations for the next few years. Consultants would be required to oversee community level activities. CCSI is therefore requesting for application from suitably qualified candidates.
Scope of Work
The consultant will be expected to:
- Coordinate and provide technical SBC support to a team of social mobilizers within LGAs in RASuDiN states
- Serve as a member of the state team on mobilization coordination and implementation
- Track and document social mobilization activities at the state level
- Coordinate social mobilizers for service delivery outreaches
- Support social mobilization data management tasks (data collation, data analysis and results reporting)
- Provide administrative support as needed
- Work closely with the Centre for Communication and Social Impact (CCSI), Programme Officers in charge of the project and other RASuDiN team members in the state to support all aspects of implementation of the demand generation strategy
- Support implementation of RASuDiN social mobilization activities as outlined in the demand generation strategy
- Graduate holder of BA/BSc or HND in Communication or related field
- Strong report writing skills
- Knowledge of the terrain and cultural nuances of the state.
- Familiarity with the CCSI demand generation approaches will be an advantage
- Residence within RASuDiN states will also be an advantage.
- Previous experience in social mobilization OR community work
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and a detailed Cover Letter explaining how they meet the outlined criteria to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the suitable candidates are selected.