Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Vacancy For Grants Manager
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on vulnerable children, agriculture, health and HIV, extractives and governance, and peace building programming.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Grants Manager
Job Ref Code: GMGFM092517
Project: Programs/Health/Global Fund Malaria PR Grant
Position Band: 5-1
Reports to: Chief of Party and Heed of Operations – Finance
- The Grant Manager is responsible for overall budget monitoring and compliance oversight of the Global Fund malaria grant and all related sub-grants/sub-contracts s/he oversees the design and implementation of strong internal controls and appropriate financial reporting procedures/policies to minimize/manage risks associated with grant implementation, safeguard Global Funds resources, achieve consistent compliance with Global Fund grant agreement, approved workplan/budget, Global Fund policies and guidelines, as well as CRS policies and procedures.
- S/he coordinates assessments and the identification of needs for support in compliance. budgeting and financial management and their implementation as well as actively works with the sub-recipient (OR) on their grant management capacity.
- In coordination with the program team and CRS Nigeria and HQ finance and compliance teams, s/he develops and implements the strategy to prevent or reduce compliance-related liabilities and risks.
- The scope of work covers alt aspects of financial and grant management of the Global Fund Malaria grant implemented by CRS in Nigeria.
Specific Job Responsibilities
Grants Management and Budgeting:
- In coordination with the Chief of Party, ensure that all SR. partner and service provider agreements and amendments are well prepared grant tiles are updated/maintained on Gateway. key grant documents are shared with the Nigeria and HO finance teams, and that the GFSU reviews all relevant agreements and amendments
- Ensure that donor required reports are prepared accurately and disseminated within the due dates; coordinate financial reporting with the CRS/Nigeria and HO finance teams. This includes ensuring that reports (e.g. PU/DRs AFRs, etc.) are discussed collectively with the different functions (program management. Post, M&E. finance) to ensure quality analysis of the issues and identification cit appropriate solutions, ensuring that this is captured in the report arid carrying out accuracy arid quality checks before submission to the Global Fund.
- Review all management letters and ensure that all issues raised are resolved expeditiously in collaboration with the Global Fund Program Manager and Teem (Global Fund).
- Take the lead on liaising with CR0 Nigeria and HO finance teams, prepare cash projections, ensure that proper accounts are used, review cash disbursement advance journals, review and approve liquidation journals, and review posted journals for errors, recommending correction when necessary
- Actively attend Global Fund malaria program PMU Meetings and contribute to the overall teem work spirit of Global Fund malaria program
- Coordinate grant closure activities with the Chief of Party and respective CRS Nigeria staff and ensure that expired subgrants are fully closed out within 90 days’ limit.
- Lead the identification of budget and compliance needs and oversee the implementation of trainings on budgeting and compliance with all relevant Global Fund malaria program staff and the OR(s) under the grant.
- Proactively track budget spending against the budget and provide recommendations to the Chief of Party on needed actions
- Develop effective budget monitoring tools and implement them for all Global Fund malaria program activities; review SR budgets against spending and provide comments/ recommend approval by the Chief of Party
- Actively engage in budget discussions and generate feedback for Global Fund malaria program PMU on adverse budget variances in monthly 8CR meetings and results from SR monitoring
- Ensure that all program activities are compliant with both CR3 and Global Fund policies, procedures and regulations
- Coordinate the development and implementation of grant management trainings and capacity building activities in close collaboration with CRS Nigeria finance and compliance staff
- Build the capacity of Global Fund malaria program staff in relevant and appropriate donor financial management policies, procedures, and standards
- Ensure integrity and the effective control of financial. material and human resources and assets
- Serve as the principal point of contact on grant management and compliance issues with CRS Nigeria and HQ Finance and Compliance staff, the LFA and Global Fund program staff
- Ensure project documents and financial records are maintained and readily available for internal/external audits and reviews
SR Financial Assessments, Monitoring and Support:
- Lead implementation of CRS’ sub-recipient financial management policy for the Global Fund malaria program; ensure that staff understand and are correctly implementing the policy
- Ensure that the Global Fund malaria program has in place and adheres to a schedule of planned SR monitoring visits; the basis for the selection, timing and frequency of its monitoring visits should be property documented
- Ensure that assessments and monitoring visits are being carried out in accordance with CRS policies about timeliness, comprehensiveness, professionalism and documentation
- Global Fund malaria program finance and compliance staff should regularly monitor and assess SR ability to accurately record and post all financial transactions and provide feedback to the Program Director.
- Ensure that the project SR evaluates and effectively monitors any SSRx and!or partners to achieve efficient use of Global Fund resources.
- Ensure that the Global Fund malaria program finance and compliance staff provide direct technical support in all aspects of finance, compliance and internal controls for SRs
- Advise and ensure on GMP and basic accounting records to be maintained at the SR level
- lf needed, ensure that corrective action plans are prepared within sixty calendar days of the assessment or monitoring visit, and that program staff are supporting the SR to address the identified asses within agreed timelines,
- Ensure financial and programming staff participate in the financial monitoring of the SR (including site visits); trip reports must indicate the monitoring steps performed. the processes reviewed, and the result of the testing and reviews
- Review, analyze, assess, monitor trip reports arid monthly updates on a timely manner and to inform follow-up actions
- Ensure that the SR receives support from CRS to correct weaknesses detected by internal and external auditors, Global Fund malaria program staff, LFAs, and others; directly address issues ttrat are escalated
- Ensure SR internal control systems are reviewed and monitored to verify that financial duties are adequately segregated;
- Lead, direct, mentor and coach a team of finance and grants compliance staff to meet OF program objectives
- Take the lead in setting annual Global Fund malaria program finance and compliance targets and ensure that specific tasks are built in staff performance plans
- Conduct periodic reviews of staff performance in keeping with CR3’ performance management system and mentor staff to ensure high levels of motivation, commitment, capacity, and teamwork
- Lead the identification of performance gaps and needs of program, SR and partner staff and ensure the design and delivery of high quality support and technical assistance to program staff, SRs and states
Key Working Relationships
- Internal: Global Fund Malaria Program Team, Deputy Country Representative, Country Representative, Finance, Procurement and Administration Staff, Regional and Senior Technical Advisors, Deputy Regional Director for Management Quality and HQ Compliance team, GFSU.
- External; Global Fund Nigeria Country Team, SR. LFA, , SMoH and partner health facility staff, external auditors and the National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP).
Agency Wide Competences (For all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results:
- Serves with Integrity
- Models Stewardship
- Cultivates Constructive Relationships
- Promotes Learning
Interested and qualified candidates should download the “Application Form Below” and send with a detailed 3-page resume in a single file word document to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating in the subject line of their application the job title and reference code (GMGFM092517) for the position.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- CRS is an equal -opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, etc.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply
Application Deadline 2nd October, 2017.