Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Available Vacancies [3 Positions]
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist person on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria m 2000 and currently focuses on agriculture, HIV and health extractives and governance, and peace building programming. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Infrastructure Program Manager
Job Ref Code: IPM060319
Reports to: Director of Early Recovery and Resilience, Program Manager II – StaR (dotted line)
- Working closely with the STaR Program Manager for STaR, the Infrastructure PM will be overall responsible for community planning for infrastructure and ensuring quality design and construction of all infrastructure projects planned under the STaR project.
- The post holder will similarly be responsible for managing the vendors/ construction company selection process; developing the technical inputs for procurement processes; putting in places monitoring processes for works through CRS staff or third parties; the cash-for-work (CFW) program; adherence to KFW, Government of Nigeria and CRS construction policies and legislation; and the safety of construction teams and users of constructed infrastructure.
- The post holder will ensure compliance with International Environmental, Social, Health and Safety (ESHS) standards and assessing environmental impact putting in place mitigation strategies against environmental degradation in the communities being served.
Education and Experience
- Critical: Experience in legislation and policies that govern construction and infrastructure development in Nigeria;
- Critical: Through understanding of Nigeria Government MDAs that regulate construction and infrastructure.
- Critical: At least 5 years hands-on experience in managing construction projects.
- Essential: Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or relevant field.
- Essential: Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills in English.
- Added advantage: Knowledge of Hausa and / or Kanuri.
- Added advantage: Experience in contracting especially with private sector actors.
- Added advantage: Experience in the not-for-profit sector / government
- Added advantage: Hands on experience in development construction designs / drawings, structural designs and, bills of quantities
- Added advantage: Proficiency in construction software, use of Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Job Title: Program Manager II
Job Ref Code: PMII060319
Job Type: Full Time
Reports To: Director of Early Recovery & Resilience (DERR)
- As Program Manager, you will provide overall leadership to the STaR Nigeria project team and be responsible for the overall management of the project including the quality of programmatic implementation (including monitoring, evaluation and learning) and administrative elements of the project to serve the poor and vulnerable.
- You are responsible for ensuring that project results are achieved on time and on budget, including strategies for phase out and sustainability, and that the budget is consumed as planned. As a senior leader, you will proactively manage security and mitigate security risks.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of Master’s degree in Agriculture, Health, Development Studies or related field
- At least 8 years of working experience in agriculture, development or food security programs – including focus on at least one of the following sectors – agriculture, health, livelihoods, nutrition, or governance/peacebuilding
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience with participatory methods and partnerships
- Excellent English language oral and written communication, training and facilitation skills. Fluency in Hausa and/or Kanuri language is an added advantage as well as experience with northern Nigerian context.
- Proven experience in analyzing gender and applying gender-responsive methods to project implementation.
- Understanding of faith-based organizations and capacity-building in local partnerships
- Experience in staff development and partner capacity
- Understanding of KFW (or German Government) grant provisions, policies and guidelines, including reporting requirements will be an added advantage.
Job Title: Markets Assistant
Job Ref Code: MAD060319
Job Type: Full Time
Reports To: Markets Officer
- You will assist emergency programming field activities by working directly with local partners and community members in support of Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work to serve the poor and vulnerable.
- Your service and community interpersonal skills contribute to projects that benefit local communities that consistently applies best practices and continuously works towards improving its impact.
- Support programming activities at the field level, including beneficiary identification and verification; cash, voucher, and in-kind distributions; and post-distribution interviews contributing to ensuring quality implementation.
- Contribute to ensuring accountability to project beneficiaries and local stakeholders
- Support the monitoring of project activities at the field level, per the M&E plan through collection of data.
- Support community mobilization efforts through communication and information sharing with project beneficiaries at the community level.
- In coordination with the project team support capacity building events for community volunteers.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma required.
- Some work or volunteer experience in supporting community development and mobilization.
- Observation and active listening skills
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with diverse groups
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
- At least 1 years’ experience in project implementation preferably with an NGO
- Excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communication skills in English
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to organize and prioritize a variety of initiatives
- Proficiency in MS office application such as word, excel, PowerPoint and outlook
- Team-oriented and strong interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English and Fluency in Hausa required
- This position will require frequent travel to program activity sites.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the “CRS Application Form” using the link below, fill and send with a detailed Resume as one document (in a PDF Format) indicating position being applied for and the Job Ref Code as the subject of the application to: email@example.com
Click here to Download Application Form (dropbox)
Application Deadline: 5:00pm; 19th March, 2019.