Career for a Technical Adviser in an Oil & Gas Company
PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) – Our client, in the Oil & Gas sector, is looking for the services of a qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Adviser to the Managing Director
Reference Number: 130-PEO00779
Department: People & Change Nigeria
Job type: Permanent
- The Technical Adviser to the Managing Director will be responsible for providing expert technical advisory on Oil & Gas operations to the Managing Director in line with the Company’s strategic objectives.
- The role will also support the Managing Director in providing overall oversight of the Company’s business growth, operational effectiveness and financial performance.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Supervise the preparation of general correspondence, memos, charts, tables, graphs, business plans, presentations and reports, etc. The Technical Advisor is fully responsible for the accuracy and clarity of all materials released by the MD’s office
- Interacts with the Secretary to manage key routines (staff meetings) – including scheduling, agendas, notes and action items/follow-up and supervises the maintenance of a complex and detailed calendar for all activities, events, meetings, travel, conferences and Board activities
- Analyze financial reports, budgets and other materials, identifies areas of concern and summarizes key points for MD; gathers additional data as required to clarify/resolve any issues or concerns
- Review external media for relevant articles, newsletters, websites, RSS feeds, etc. and summarizes key points and identifies any action items for review by MD
- Conduct diary meetings with the MD to discuss upcoming engagements, invitations and other requests
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the dynamics of the business, the priorities of the company and the priorities of the MD, as well as company policies, procedures and methods of operation to effectively and efficiently conduct duties and responsibilities
- On behalf of the MD, manage interfaces with departmental heads as well as external stakeholders and visitors including government officials, legislators etc.
- Schedule on behalf of the MD meetings between him and his direct reports and the committees and groups to which he is a member.
- Follow up and monitor progress on discussions, decisions and/or special assignments to ensure timely response from the MD to the respective person(s) and stakeholders
- Conduct research and gather data on diverse business issues for the MD
- Collate material and prepare presentations and speeches for the MD
The ideal candidate should have:
- Minimum of a first degree in Engineering, Business Administration or related Social Sciences discipline is required
- Masters in a related discipline is an advantage
- Minimum of 8 years cognate experience in an advisory role in the Oil and Gas industry
- Professional membership in relevant body or institution in the Oil & Gas space
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to Apply
Application Deadline 14th November, 2017.