Care International Vacant Job Position Available
At CARE, we seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live with dignity and security.
This has been our vision since 1945, when we were founded to send lifesaving CARE Packages® to survivors of World War II. Today, CARE is a global leader in the movement to eradicate poverty. In 2015, CARE worked in 95 countries and reached 65 million people with an incredible range of life-saving programs. We also put women and girls at the center of our work because we know that we cannot overcome poverty until all people have equal rights and opportunities. We seek dynamic, innovative thinkers to further our mission. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Country Director
Location: Abuja, Nigeria, with 30% travel to the field
Expected Travel: Up to 30%
Employee Duration: Active Full-Time
Type of Post: Accompanied – Family
We seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live in dignity and security. CARE will be a global force and a partner of choice within a worldwide movement dedicated to ending poverty. We will be known everywhere for our unshakable commitment to the dignity of people.
To achieve our goals, CARE is seeking a top performing Country Director who will lead the Nigeria Country Office and consistently demonstrate the characteristics and vision to work towards our critical priorities, drive change and catapult us to the next level. More specifically the Country Director-Nigeria will drive for impact that benefits women and girls, address injustice and discrimination, and enhance the lives of poor and vulnerable communities.
The CD will also coordinate the development of CARE Nigeria’s Business plan aiming at developing milestones for the changes/transformations that are planned to take place within the next 3-5 years and defining how the implementation of these changes/transformations will be resourced.
S/he will oversee CO programming to advance CARE’s vision and mission, in line with CARE’s Program Strategy and standards for program quality; CARE Nigeria program is currently 100% in response to humanitarian response in the North-East (NE) of the country.
The Country Director is also responsible for all aspects of CARE’s work in Nigeria, including, among others, setting strategic direction and vision, ensuring program quality, efficient operational procedures and systems, grants and contracts management, financial management, staff management, CARE’s representations with Government representatives, donors, partners and vendors.
In this role the Country Director will:
- Direct the mobilization, management, and accounting of all resources in the CO
- Oversee the management and development of the Country Offices’ human resources to ensure a diverse, skilled, and productive workforce
- Develop and enhance relationships, partnerships, and networks between the CO, other parts of CARE and external organizations to maximize CARE’s impact on poverty and social justice
- Build and maintain a strong, innovative senior leadership team
- Lead the design, implementation, and evolution of the Country Office (CO) strategic plan based on CARE Presence Review recommendations and each CO’s business plan
- The CD will also coordinate the development of CARE Nigeria Business plan aiming at developing milestones for the changes/transformations that are planned to take place within the next 3-5 years and defining how the implementation of these changes/transformations will be resourced
- Oversee CO programming to advance CARE’s vision and mission, in line with CARE’s Program Strategy and standards for program quality; CARE Nigeria program is currently 100% in response to humanitarian response in the North-East of the country
- Once CARE Presence Review is finalized, lead the development of longer-tern development programs while continuing offering humanitarian support in the N-E
- Oversee CO programming to advance CARE’s vision and mission, in line with CARE’s Program Strategy and standards for program quality; Coordinate CARE’s humanitarian response anytime and anywhere emergencies occur
- Staff Management
- Strategic Planning
- Program Impact and Relevance
- Resource Mobilization & Operations Viability
- Human Resources
- External Relations, Partnerships and Advocacy.
- Demonstrated self-awareness, leadership and interpersonal skills; Strong human resource management skills including capacity building, coaching and conflict management
- Experience supervising and developing a multi-disciplinary team in a cross-cultural setting with demonstrated interest and ability to give feedback, develop, motivate and lead a diverse team to achieve results
- Demonstrated use of positive coping strategies in insecure and stressful environments; Experience and skills in leading organizational change processes
- Experience in managing finance, donor rules and regulations
- Ability to establish a learning culture within the CO and to facilitate knowledge sharing across CARE
- Experience in successfully managing various forms of partnerships with national and international NGOs, etc.
- Experience in establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with donors and government counterparts
- Strong representation, influencing and negotiation skills
- Language Requirement: English.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- 6-8 years in a senior management position in development field
- Demonstrated experience in leading strategic and operational planning
- Extensive conceptual skills including strategic analysis
- Must possess the ability to lead and manage program implementation and development, knowledge Management and Learning
- Demonstrated management skills; comfort in managing both humanitarian and development programs
- Experience in working with/ for private sector
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply