Care International New Career Opportunity Available
Care International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We work in over 94 countries around the world to provide over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
We are calling for qualified applications for the position below:
Job Title: Agribusiness Advisor
Position Type: Regular
- CARE International in Nigeria is seeking qualified candidates for a development programme in the northern states of Kano, Kaduna and Jigawa with the aim to develop a vibrant and diversified economy in these 3 key states.
- The programme will focus on the development of high potential pro-poor value chains, supporting them to become productive, competitive and attractive for investment at every level.
- The main components include: investment promotion and facilitation, private sector innovations, productivity and transformational economic inclusivity.
- Through these key components, the programme aims to raise the incomes of people in northern Nigeria and support the creation of jobs in order to reduce poverty and mitigate the pressures driving conflict, instability, and migration.
- Experience leading/advising non-profit and/or private sector in Nigeria, the WA region or Internationally in Agribusiness development.
- Proven technical expertise in agribusiness development – including market facilitation and market systems approach, working with smallholders and small-scale producers (especially women-led) on value chain development and platforms, sustainable market development in fragile contexts and at the local level, integration of other cross-cutting issues (e.g. environment and governance).
- Evidence of being a strong team player and working with diverse teams and colleagues.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- By submitting your Application for this position you agreed to CARE’s ZERO Tolerance to:
- Sexual Harassment, Exploitation, Abuse and Child Abuse
Application Deadline 6th October, 2018.
- CARE strongly encourage females and people with disabilities to apply
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CARE considers all applicants on the basis of merit without prejudice to race, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, color, national origin, marital status, or veteran status.
- There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Please note that CARE will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.