Business Development/Tender Officer at A Reputable Oil & Gas Servicing Company
A reputable Oil & Gas Servicing Company situated in Victoria Island, Lagos State, requires the services of experienced candidates in the capacity below:
Job Title: Business Development/Tender Officer
- The Business Development Officer is accountable for revenue growth, customer acquisition and customer relationship management within the company.
- Responsibilities include prospecting, qualifying, presenting, and closing opportunities of services to contract/tenders.
- Reporting to the Business Development Manager, the Business Development Officer will primarily focus on revenue growth, acting as an intermediary between ship owners and oil and gas companies for the contracting of offshore vessels and other marine units employed in the offshore industry.
- The Business Development Officer will also be required to develop and maintains comprehensive client portfolio, make daily contact with ship owners and chartering companies and be involved with contract negotiations as well as team and cross disciplinary projects.
- The Business Development Officer shall be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with vessel owners and users.
- Negotiates the hire price for marine vessels as well as the contractual terms and finalizes details of the contract,
- Facilitates the flow of operational information to ensure effective execution of contracts.
- Regularly provides market intelligence and research to clients.
- Provide timely support to customers through proactive management of post fixture activities
- Identify and capture additional revenue opportunities.
- Proactively manage relationships with existing clients and develops relationships with new clients.
- Assist with evaluating new opportunities for additional revenue from new and existing clients by analyzing requirements, potential for revenue growth and evaluating options whilst maintaining company priorities.
- Work independently to ensure services are delivered to clients to a high standard
- Achieving a high level of customer satisfaction in all dealings with vessel charterers and owners.
- Communicate effectively with clients, peers, superiors, and other company personnel.
- Carry out market research as required and provide ongoing support to clients.
- Protect the company’s values by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains excellent relationships with all stakeholders of the business.
- Enhance organization’s reputation by accepting ownership for delivery of new requirements to clients; and always exploring opportunities to add value to our client’s customer experience.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience within the Oil and Gas or Offshore Marine sector.
- In depth knowledge of offshore logistics, ship broking and chartering practices.
- Detailed working knowledge of standard forms of contract used for Offshore Vessel Chartering.
- Knowledge of Offshore vessel types and their mode of operations.
- Proven trash record in sales ideally overachieving on targets and acquiring new business
- Ability to team quickly and develops good understanding of the Oil and Gas Industry.
- Strong prospecting skills and extensive customer facing experience.
- Sound commercial aptitude with a result oriented approach to work
- Must be well organized and demonstrate good attention to detail,
- Must be self-motivated and able to work under extreme pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent communication skills (oral, written and presentation).
- Must be task oriented with ability to meet tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
- Able to use computer hardware and software including MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Proficient in the use of internet for research.
Application Closing Date
21st December, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Application/Cover letter as single file to: firstname.lastname@example.org Using the position applied for as Subject of the email.