Business Development Officers at Cellulant Nigeria
Cellulant is Africa’s no.1 company in the payments & transfers category – FIntech Awards 2016. We are a PPISP (Payment Platform Infrastructure Service Provider) regulated by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and insured by Nigerian Deposit Insurance Corporation (NDIC). We provide the platform that powers the internet of payments with dominant market position across 12 Sub-Saharan countries.
Business Development Officer
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Sales / Marketing / Business Development
- An indigenous fintech institution is currently in an exciting period of transformation; as such we are seeking new business development officers (bdos), payments to join our team.
- Our Business Development team primary responsibility is to improve our market position and achieve financial growth, define long-term organizational strategic goals, build key customer relationships, identify business opportunities, negotiate and close business deals and maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
- If you have a high achievement orientation, strong knowledge of payment industry trends, then this may be the opportunity for you.
- This role requires an energetic and collaborative individual who is able to build strong senior stakeholder relationships throughout the business.
Some Major Responsibilities
- Perform market research to identify new opportunities and engage with management to establish strategies for pursuing those new opportunities.
- Create and improve proposals for our existing and new clients.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging our payment network
- Close business deals
- Research and build relationships with new clients
- Track and manage activity on client’s accounts
- Develop and deliver pitches for potential investors
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and our business managemnet team.
- Provide training and mentoring to members of the business development team.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet client’s needs.
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels
Relevant Experience And Education
- The candidate must have vast Business Developpment experience (3 years minimum) in financial payement institutions such as Commercial Banks, Mfbs or Other Fintech organisations.
- Degree/qualifications in Business Administration or other related field is highly regarded
- Candidate must posses a track record of business deals closed or accounts currently being managed.
- Networking, Persuasion, Prospecting, Public Speaking, Research, Writing, Closing Skills, Motivation For Sales, Prospecting Skills, Sales Planning, Identification of Customer Needs And Challenges, Territory Management, Market Knowledge, Meeting Sales Goals, Professionalism, CRM, And Microsoft Office And Excel.
Method of Application
Applicants should forward their CV’s and Cover Letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Shortlisted candidate should apply.