Business Development Manager at Basebone
Basebone is a mobile entertainment company that provides value added services within the telecom industry across 4 continents, with a special focus on high growth regions. We bring together engaging apps, games, media, m-learning and social connections through paid subscription portals. We built win-win partnerships with billing, traffic and content providers. We are connected to over 30 mobile network operators and present in Africa, Europe, and the UK. With 7 locations and a multicultural team of 100 people, we continue to grow and leverage new business synergies within the mobile industry. We believe entertainment drives change, and we are committed to our purpose by delivering enjoyment, connections and growth to all our stakeholders
Business Development Manager
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Sales / Marketing / Business Development
Basebone is seeking an experienced Business Development Manager with strong working technical knowledge of the Mobile VAS Content business.
The successful candidate will be responsible for identifying, developing, executing and maintaining strategic commercial partnerships with mobile network operators, mobile content providers and aggregators within Sub-Sahara Africa.
The candidate’s focus and background will be in all areas of Value Added Services and applications such as mobile payment solutions, downloads and mobile SMS Marketing.
By joining us the candidate will be part of a young and dynamic company undergoing rapid growth and building to secure its place as Africa’s number one aggregator and content service provider. The candidate therefore needs to be comfortable working in a dynamic work environment, be flexible and be culturally aligned to doing what it takes to ‘get the job done’.
- New client development / existing client retention: the candidate will be responsible for generating new business with key partners (e.g. mobile network operators, ISPs) through targeted value propositions, while also maintaining existing relationships.
- Contribution to the development of business strategic goals: the candidate will be expected to drive and develop business strategic goals through the application of research, market & business insights.
- Plan and execute new business opportunities and their deployment: the candidate will help design the road map and manage the work flow process of each project where it relates to technical, business and legal matters.
- Provide technical insights and recommendations on development and deployment of VAS: You will be required to manage and strengthen technical-commercial interactions with partners. You will work with the technical, operations and other functional teams in defining the technical solution, resource and implementation plan for new partnerships.
- Management Reports: Preparing reports to MD Africa and other stakeholders.
- Technical support: Supporting the Technical Account Manager (Connects) in the roll out of all projects including developing policies and procedures as they pertain to strategic partnerships.
- Proving support to the MD Africa, Technical Account Manager (Connects) and other stakeholders as and when required.
Develop service agreements and terms of reference for clients and service providers: Oversee the preparation of commercial documents including business proposals, contracts and NDAs.
We offer a competitive base salary and benefits dependent on the candidate’s qualifications, experience and skills.
Education and Training
Academic: B.Sc level education in Telecommunications, Computer Science or Engineering.
Technical – Minimum three (3) years experience in telecommunications industry, specifically in developing and deployment of value-added services.
- 3+ years experience in a business development or technical capacity within the Telecommunications industry with at least 2 years VAS experience.
- Knowledge of African Tech/Media industries is added advantage.
Desired Skills And Experience
- Technical knowledge of Mobile application integration. Android expertise a must, all other operating systems an advantage.
- Proven track record of experience working on Mobile Telecom Services and VAS platforms.Good knowledge of mobile billing and SMSC/USSD Gateway systems.
- Understanding of Communication Protocols, VPN, Data Security, Cloud Technologies and Service Delivery Platforms.
- Ability to translate Technical Specifications into clear user and commercial benefits.
- A strong business development professional with experience in the telecoms and mobile industry and an excellent knowledge of emerging mobile markets.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, flow diagram software and business proposal creation
- Ability to manage business performance metrics such as capital and operations expenses
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Desired Competencies
- Analytical skills – being able to find solutions to complex problems and explain them clearly.
- Ability to present information effectively in oral and written form.
- Ability to draw sound inferences from the information available; makes use of logic and creates/contribute to technical solutions.
- Able to develop management reports.
- Good team player in relation to work with other departments.
- Self-starter and self-motivated.
- Works effectively with culturally diverse team.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Basebone career website on basebone.peoplehr.net to apply