Business Development Executive Job in a Reputable Law Firm
Our client, a reputable law firm is recruiting for the following:
POSITION/ROLE – BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT EXECUTIVE
The role of Business Development Executive (BDE) is a great opportunity for someone with a strong professional services record to define and own the firm’s end-to-end best practice panel pitch processes and ensure the delivery of high quality, client focused activities. The BDE provides BD support and project leadership to attorneys in the firm.
The BDE will work in the BD team to provide BD support, advice and insight, helping the firm’s attorneys to significantly grow their market reputation and revenues.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
The role holder is expected to:
- Work with Attorneys, Director of BD and Marketing, to implement the go-to-market approach for agreed areas of focus
- Develop BD plans for each practice area and provide support for the implementation of individual partner and practice area plans within the firm.
- Work with attorneys and other business development professionals to develop standard practice related materials (standard and customizable capability statements, practice group profiles, matter lists, case studies, bios etc.).
- Assist fee earners in identifying defined prospects and support partners ahead of prospect meetings and in the follow up to these meetings, utilizing available materials to ensure continuity
- Manage a number of competitive pitches concurrently including drafting persuasive and accurate content with tailored messages
- Identify themes in the market, reviewing competitor activity and making recommendations
- Manage and execute BD activities for a variety of focus areas, including, business and corporate disputes, class actions, international litigation as well as arbitration.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong industry presence of 12 – 15 years of directly relevant experience in a business development-related position, including experience in a large law firm or professional services firm.
- Suitable candidate should have extensive knowledge of litigation, including business disputes, class action, arbitration, product liability and mass tort.
- An established record of Management consulting experience with focus on transactions and multiple deal advisory is preferred. Legal Background is a plus. Good industry and substantive knowledge as well as experience in a professional services and law firm environment.
- Successful Candidate should possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Finance, Economics or related fields. An MBA and other relevant certifications will be a plus
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONALITY TRAITS
- Strong network and contacts pool
- Excellent communication and IT skills.
- Confident, organised and pragmatic team lead
- Strong problem-solving and creative skills.
- Strong sales and negotiation techniques.
- Attention to detail.
- Must be able to think critically, present ideas and views clearly and with confidence to people at all levels, including partners and clients.
How to Apply
Kindly send applications/CVs via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with BDE as subject of email.
Application closes by 23rd February 2018.