Business and Program Development Consultant Job at PACT
Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow for communities challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant. On the ground in nearly 40 countries, Pact’s integrated adaptive approach is shaping the future of international development.
We seek suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business and Program Development Consultant
Duration: 9 months
- The job holder will support the Pact West Africa office in expanding impact by coordinating new business efforts.
- The jobholder will conduct research and can lead and drive engagements to actively grow relationships with traditional and non -traditional partners.
Roles and Responsibilities
Lead and Support proposal development and writing processes:
- Research and identify development trends, prospects, and growth opportunities; compile and maintain information related to key contacts, organizations, and overlapping interests with Pact programming.
- Use networks and contacts to seek out partnerships with potential donors; both private and public sectors.
- Contribute written inputs on proposals
- Contribute to the coordination of new business efforts
- Provide quality control of proposals written by the country office
Enhance Pact’s visibility in Nigeria by using networks and contacts to seek out partnerships with potential donors; both private and public sectors:
- Explore opportunities and business cases for partnership that may include social enterprise, social impact investment, microfinance, renewable energy, artisanal and small-scale mining.
- Facilitate discussions, negotiations and agreements with partner/funding organizations.
- Represent Pact through attendance at donor, private sector and public-sector functions, such as events and conferences; cultivate prospects and partners and share relevant learning.
- Strong understanding of intersection between private sector interests and non-profit needs in West Africa.
- Successful track record of facilitating linkages between the private sector and non-profits, preferably in Nigeria
- Experience in public private partnerships, is a plus
- Excellent ability to communicate, establish and maintain high level relations with government, private sector and development sector players, including donors.
- Possesses positive attitude, self-motivated, independent, can deliver results under stress and timely manner, team worker.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 10 years of relevant professional experience (e.g. Social Sciences, International Development, Business, Development Studies) or 7 years of relevant professional experience and a master’s degree.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in international development, with field experience is a plus
- Minimum 2 years of business development experience required
- Knowledgeable in one or more of Pact’s West Africa’s technical areas (social enterprise development; microfinance; Small Scale & Artisanal Mining, renewable energy), is an advantage
- Advanced Knowledge of the Development Sector in Nigeria is an advantage
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV and Cover Letter on their suitability to: email@example.com All applications MUST be submitted as a single file in either word format or PDF. Applicants MUST indicate the position applied for on the SUBJECT of the mail (i.e. Business and Program Development Consultant).
Application Deadline 15th October, 2018.
Note: Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.