Budgeting and Financial Management Specialist at Malaria Consortium
Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organisations specialising in the comprehensive prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable and under privileged populations. We increasingly find our work on malaria can be effectively integrated with other similar public health interventions for greater impact and therefore expanded our remit to include child health and neglected tropical disease interventions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nig BFMS – Budgeting and Financial Management Specialist
- The Budgeting and Financial Management Specialist will provide technical direction on all aspects of budgeting and financial management through a health systems strengthening framework to improve the quality of service delivery in both the public and private health sectors using malaria as the entry point into the health system at Federal, State and LGA levels.
- He/she will lead the development of an approach for supporting the budgeting process at Federal, State and Local government including expenditure tracking on malaria which is embedded into the health systems strengthening strategy.
- He/she will support the SUNMAP2 team to implement the strategy at State and Local government level while the position holder will work closely with stakeholders at Federal government level to implement the strategy. He/she will support NMEP to review and revise its Financial Management System (FMS) by addressing critical weaknesses.
- The position holder will work closely with the project team and Short Term Technical Assistance (STTA) to implement evidence-based approaches to achieve the projects outcomes.
The successful candidate will have:
- Postgraduate degree in Health Economics, Health Financing or Development related fields, with a focus on health budgeting and financial management.
- At least 5 years working in technical role with an excellent understanding of health financing including budgeting and financial management.
- Significant experience in intervention design and implementation of large-scale health projects specifically related to health policy, planning and financing.
- Familiarity with the challenges and opportunities of strengthening health systems in Sub Saharan Africa (SSA)
- Experience with value-for-money measurements
- Familiarity with the Nigerian health system, including government planning and budgeting processes at Federal, State and Local government levels.
- Experience in private sector accounting to provide support to SUNMAP’s commercial sector partners.
Application Closing Date
1st June, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: This role is dependent on Malaria Consortium securing a forthcoming grant. CVs will be reviewing on an ongoing basis therefore early application is encouraged.