British High Commission (BHC) Electrician Recruitment
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Electrician
Ref No: 10/17 ABJ
Grade: A1 (L)
Type of Position: Permanent
Job Category: Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
Job Subcategory: Estates
Start Date: 1st November, 2017
Main Purpose of Job
- Hands-on Electrician to carry out effective day to day maintenance work, routine maintenance, preventive maintenance, breakdown maintenance, new installation and construction works.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist TWG team to attend to work requests on regular basis as it affects the mission’s operations.
- Follow FCO health & safety standards in regular works, also ensuring compliance with all TWG work practices and policies.
- Assist TWG team to complete planned preventive maintenance (PPM) works and meet the deadline as per our Calendar schedule.
- Attend to all Ad hoc tasks delegated by Building Services Manager (BSM) and provide updates on the same.
- Carry out daily routine inspection and maintenance of all electrical panels and Distribution boards.
- Routine and corrective maintenance of all small power outlets.
- Carry out routine Inspection and maintenance of Generators, ATS, and LV Stabilisers etc.
- Carry out routine Inspection and maintenance of building elevators (lift) and fire system.
- Carry out routine Inspection and maintenance of all fan coil units and room thermostats.
- Conduct weekly test on fire alarm system.
- Responsible for all Energy Isolation and De-Isolation during maintenance.
- Read and interpret blueprints or Electrical diagrams
- Install and maintain wiring, control, and lighting systems.
- Install, maintain or repair electrical wiring or equipment.
- Routine inspection and maintenance of electrical components, such as transformers and circuit breakers.
- Identify electrical problems with a variety of testing devices.
- Follow the building regulations based on British standard.
- Execute plans of electrical wiring for well functioning lighting, intercom and other electrical system.
- Install safety and distribution component such as switches, sensors, resistors, circuit breakers, relays and other electronics components
- Prepare and assemble conduit both galvanize and PVC and connect wiring through them.
- Perform effective troubleshooting to identify hazards or malfunctions and repair or substitute damaged units.
- Connect wiring in electrical circuits and networks ensuring compatibility of components.
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Electrical Labour Trade Test 1, 2, & 3 (Ministry of Labour & Productivity Certificate of Competence).
- Minimum of 3 years experience providing Electrical maintenance and installation services in Multi-complex Office buildings.
- Possess 2 and 4 wheel vehicle driving license.
- Computer literate – Word, Outlook (email) and Excel.
- Trained Watford 1500kVa Stabiliser maintenance personnel.
- Experience maintaining MCC panels.
- Experience maintaining DDC Panels
- Seeing the Big Picture, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
Starting monthly salary
Application Closing Date
4th October, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online