BASF West Africa Recruits Health, Safety and Environment Manager & Security Coordinator
BASF – We are the world’s leading chemical company, because we offer intelligent solutions both for our customers and for a sustainable future. To this end, we promote the development of people with very different talents – worldwide. A variety of development opportunities are open to you as a result. At BASF, your performance counts as well as your personality. Thus, careers develop from opportunities.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Health, Safety and Environment Manager & Security Coordinator
The succesful candidate will be responsible for the implementation of the Health, Safety and Environment programs, including relevant regulatory compliance, and the requirements of Responsible Care Systems in BASF sites located in Lagos, Nigeria. This position also provides support and advice in regards to security & crisis management for West Africa. Responsibilities will include the following:
- Assist the BASF West Africa management team with the development and implementation of strategies for the site’s environmental, health & safety to ensure compliance with legal and BASF guidelines.
- Maintaining effective technical functions with specific expertise in the areas of product development/modification, customer.
- Facilitate in the implementation of the BASF Responsible Care Programs including HSE directives, standards and requirements.
- Provide expert advice, judgement and analysis in regulatory compliance and due diligence programs.
- Facilitate all local, regional and global reporting requirements, in ensuring accurate, consistent and reliable data are reported in a timely manner.
- Facilitate in the investigation of all incidents and accidents, together with appropriate preventive and corrective actions in a timely manner.
- Identify EHS training needs of Ilupeju site personnel and, in conjunction with line managers, ensure all training is completed as necessary.
- Conduct HSE management system reviews internally and externally based on Responsible Care, Transport and Distribution Safety, Process Safety.
- Co-ordinate Occupational Medicine and Health Protection programs, particularly medical examinations, travel medicine, first aid provision and health surveillance on specific hazardous substance exposures.
- Deputise for other HSEQ team members in absences, provide out of hours first response in case of incidents and accidents. Acts as the local TDS advisor for Transport and Distribution Safety.
- Assist the Country Cluster Head in all security related topics such as, consultation for Delegates and Travelers.
What we expect
- Tertiary qualification in Science or Technical Field
- Minimum of 4-8 years’ experience in an EHS position
- Formal qualification and knowledge of EHS (e.g. OHS Act) Legislation and related SANS codes is desirable
- Formal qualification in SHEQ systems (SAMTRAC, NEBOSH TQM, etc.) will be advantageous
Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and on-the-job training as part of a committed team. Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply