Babban Gona Latest Employment Opportunity
Babban Gona is a high-impact, financially sustainable and highly scalable agricultural social enterprise that is part-owned by the farmers we serve. In recognition of the impact it has achieved thus far, it is the first for-profit social enterprise in history and the first Nigerian organisation to receive the prestigious Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Product Manager
- We are seeking for a passionate, inspiring, and results-oriented individual to lead the product team – i.e. a seasoned engineer with demonstrated experience in managing a worldclass design team to develop robust mobile and web applications.
- The selected candidate will lead members of Babban Gona’s Product Development team and own technical delivery of projects.
- This role is primarily aimed at Android development, however light web development and scripting will also be required.
- The role reports to the Chief Technical Officer (CTO) and is based in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Customer needs analysis and planning
- Establish self as a subject-matter expert on your products, best practices, competition and pay keen attention to latest industry trends
- Drive qualitative and quantitative research, product analysis and market insights to inform your vision, strategy and roadmap
- Rally and align designers, tech leads, analysts, data scientists and stakeholders around your plans
- Understand business needs and feedback from users to identify new opportunities
- Collate documenting requirements, writing user stories, and creating feature specs
- Define Product success measures that align with key organizational metrics
Product roadmapping and optimization:
- Define a product strategy and roadmap
- Support the development of appropriate tracking and reporting to resolve product performance
- Track product performance, match against success metrics and report to relevant stakeholders
- Build and continuously refine the delivery and opportunity validation backlog. Determine the metrics which measure our success
- Conduct experiments and run A/B tests to understand which initiatives will have the most impact on success metrics you defined
- Own all aspects of product lifecycle – strategy, requirements definition, design, forecasting, launch plans, testing, bug resolution and future enhancements
- Work closely with teams within the organization to align project priorities and build product adoption
- Create and prioritize hypotheses, initiate user research and work with product analysts, data scientists, tech leads and UX researchers to understand user problems and verify ideas
- Lead team throughout the design, build and launch of relevant products compatible with multiple platforms and operating systems, particularly mobile.
- Bachelor’s degree required (STEM subject field preferred)
- A strong technical background by training or technical orientation by experience with previous software development or programming experience.
- Experience in data-driven product development and applying A/B testing, user research, conversion optimization, user testing, data analysis, competitor and market analysis in decision making
- Leadership skills – you are able to inspire your team, build consensus, value teamwork and able to mentor
- Strong knowledge of Agile methodologies (Scrum)
- Strong analytical skills with experience in setting key performance indicators, goal metrics and reporting
- Proven, impeccable product sense and judgment when it comes to working with product designers
- Intellectual and analytical curiosity – initiative to dig into the why, what & how
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Comfort discussing deep technical topics with our development teams
- 3 years of product management experience
- Demonstrated leadership working effectively with design and engineering teams
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply