Assistant Technical Officer-Primary Health Care at FHI 360
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Technical Officer-Primary Health Care
Ref No: 18756
Location: Ngala, Borno
- Northeast Nigeria is currently facing a growing humanitarian crisis with a vast number of Internally Displaced Persons in need of emergency assistance.
- These IDPs are living among host communities, lacking access to livelihoods and resources, ultimately leading to unprecedented levels of malnutrition and food insecurity.
- FHI 360 has been working in Nigeria for over 30 years and is now expanding activities in Borno state to respond to the IDP crisis.
- FHI 360 is expanding its expertise by responding to this humanitarian crisis through integrated WASH, Health and Protection interventions
- The ATO-Primary Health Care will provide programmatic and operational support in one of the three field sites’s health clinics.
- Under the supervision of the Primary Health Care Coordinator, the s/he will manage all activities related to the health clinic while ensuring the quality of services are delivered.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide day to day operational and programmatic support to health clinic.
- Works closely with assigned team to ensure activities are implemented according to standard operating procedures (SOP’s).
- Build capacity of Community Health Workers (CHWs) through organized trainings.
- Serves as company liaison to external organizations at coordination meetings and conference as assigned.
- Oversees all aspects of assigned field site’s PHC activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- MB.BS/MD/PHD or similar degree with 1 to 2 years’ relevant experience in clinical care with a sound understanding of RH in humanitarian relief settings.
- Possession of an MPH or post graduate degree in a related field is required.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
Application Closing Date
24th November, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online