Assistant Payroll Manager at Lafarge Group
Lafarge Group – Created in 1833, Lafarge group, headquartered in France, is the world leader in building materials, with top-ranking positions in three of its activities: No 1 worldwide in Cement, No 2 worldwide in Aggregates & Concrete, and No 3 worldwide in Gypsum.
Located in 62 countries with 64,000 employees, Lafarge is a world leader in building materials, with top-ranking positions in its Cement, Aggregates & Concrete businesses. In 2013, Lafarge posted sales of 15.1 billion euros.
Assistant Payroll Manager
- Job Type Permanent Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 2 years
- Location Gombe
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
Ref No: 171211-1
Location: Ashaka, Gombe
- The assistant payroll manager primary responsibility is to provide an efficient and cost effective payroll function serving the organization’s internal and external stakeholders.
- He/she will update and manage efficient work systems and effective internal controls within the payroll function, ensuring that processing errors are avoided and changes are reflected accurately and promptly. In this role, he/she must have good eye for details, good analytical skills, comparing data and preparation of reports.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Accept and process monthly payroll input via Payroll software solution e.g. Human Manager and others.
- Process payment of Staff salaries, wages, allowances, bonuses and other staff related payments for Lafarge Africa Plc and associated BUs – Monthly and periodically.
- Process payment of Wages and salaries of the Ad hoc Staff and Expatriates.
- Administration, management and remittances of statutory deductions such as Pension, PAYE, ECA and other statutory dues to the relevant collecting bodies.
- Management of outsourcing contracts and ensure the practice comply adequately with the Lafargeholcim values and standards.
- Employee Compensation and Benefit advisory.
- Employees payslip administration – individual, embassies & banking transactions
- Support Employees for banks credit facility.
- Generate monthly and periodic payroll related reports for Management decision making.
- Support in annual budget preparations.
- Support employee industrial relation and collective bargaining.
- Study legislation, arbitration decisions, and collective bargaining contracts to assess industry trends.
- Preparation and distribution of written and verbal information to inform employees of benefits, compensation, and personnel policies.
- Administer, direct, and review employee benefit programmes, including the integration of benefits.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientations to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
- Plan, direct, supervise, and coordinate work activities of direct reports and any temporary resources (interns etc.) relating to employment, compensation, labor relations, and employee relations.
- Analyze statistical data and reports to identify and determine causes of personnel problems and develop recommendations for improvement of organization’s personnel policies and practices.
Essential & Desirable Skills
- First Degree in Accounting or related course
- 2-5 years relevant working experience
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Advanced computer Skills especially Excel, word, PowerPoint and email applications
- Ability to prioritize with excellent time management skills
- Good attention to detail
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Lafarge Cement career website on lafarge.nigeria.erecruit.co.za to apply