Assistant Pay Roll Manager at a Multinational Manufacturing Company – Stresert Services Limited
Stresert Services Limited – Our client, a multinational Manufacturing company with head office based in Lagos, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Pay Roll Manager
Location: Ashaka, Gombe
- To provide an efficient and cost effective payroll function serving the organization’s internal and external stakeholders.
- He/she will update and manage efficient work systems and effective internal controls within the payroll function, ensuring that processing errors are avoided and changes are reflected accurately and promptly.
- In this role, he/she must have good eye for details, good analytical skills, comparing data and preparation of reports.
- Accept and process monthly payroll input via Payroll software solution e.g. Human Manager and others.
- Process payment of Staff salaries, wages, allowances, bonuses and other staff related payments for the organization and associated BUs – Monthly and periodically.
- Process payment of Wages and salaries of the Ad hoc Staff and Expatriates.
- Administration, management and remittances of statutory deductions such as Pension, PAYE, ECA and other statutory dues to the relevant collecting bodies.
- Management of outsourcing contracts and ensure the practice comply adequately with the organization’s values and standards.
- Employee Compensation and Benefit advisory.
- Employees payslip administration – individual, embassies & banking transactions.
- Support Employees for banks credit facility.
- Generate monthly and periodic payroll related reports for Management decision making.
- Support in annual budget preparations.
- Support employee industrial relation and collective bargaining.
- Study legislation, arbitration decisions, and collective bargaining contracts to assess industry trends.
- Preparation and distribution of written and verbal information to inform employees of benefits, compensation, and personnel policies.
- Administer, direct, and review employee benefit programmes, including the integration of benefits.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientations to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
- Plan, direct, supervise, and coordinate work activities of direct reports and any temporary resources (interns etc.) relating to employment, compensation, labour relations, and employee relations.
- Analyze statistical data and reports to identify and determine causes of personnel problems and develop recommendations for improvement of organization’s personnel policies and practices.
- This list of responsibilities is not exhaustive and the job holder may be required to perform duties outside of this as operationally required.
Level of Education/Qualifications required:
- First Degree in Accounting/Social Sciences
Specific Work Experience:
- 5-6 years Working Experience
Technical / Functional Skills:
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong computer Skills especially Excel, word, PowerPoint and email applications
- Ability to prioritize with excellent time management skills
- Good attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong team player
- Tact and tolerant
- Ability to work well under pressure and adhere to set deadlines
- Resilient and Motivated
Leadership and Managerial Abilities:
- Strong attention to detail,
- Inquisitive, curious (going deep into each aspect)
- Good aptitude for field work, strong motivation to “dirty his own hands” and attention to details
- Accurate, meticulous
- Flair for doing the “routine”
- Credibility and persuasiveness
- Good knowledge of human character
- Fostering team spirit and “pride” in their work amongst his -workers
- Disciplined and respectable in the eyes of the workers
- Loyalty and respect for the organization.
- Familiarity with the local traditions and culture
- Proposed salary is between N3,000,000 – N9,000,000 gross per annum
Application Closing Date
21st November, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “PRM-N” as subject of the mail.
- The ideal candidate should be from the North & resident within the job location and its immediate environs
- Applicants that do not have the required profile need not apply.