Asset & Resource Management Company Ltd (ARM) Available Positions [4 Positions]
ARM Life is the insurance subsidiary of Asset & Resource Management Company Ltd (ARM). Its parent company, ARM is one of the largest non-bank financial services firms in Nigeria with a focus on asset management. Established in 1994, ARM started operations as a traditional asset management company specialising in the management of quoted equities and fixed income securities. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager (Mixta Africa)
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Reports to: Project Director – MAHCS, Country MD
- Oversee the construction and execution phases of all in-country projects
- Senior Construction Associate, Senior Procurement and Contracting Associate, Senior Design Associate, Site Construction Associate
- To lead on all construction aspects of the company’s projects, providing strategic and professional guidance to the construction team
- Ensure optimised process for contracting and project approval
- Manage the project team including architects, engineers, workplace consultants, construction managers and administrative support.
- Develop schedules and budgets for assigned projects.
- Identify and evaluates alternative solutions to best meet program goals.
- Prepare detailed construction cost estimates and documentation (e.g. PFR, PAR) for project
- Track contract and construction performance from start till completion
- Participate in or oversee the pre-qualification and bid evaluation process for consultants, contractors, and other outside vendors and selects vendors.
- Reporting to the Company on matters in relation to the performance of projects against contract requirements.
- Oversee the development of designs to ensure they are high quality, in-line with company strategy and delivered on time
- Coordinate with design and construction standards to resolve any design issue arising during construction
- Ensure compliance with design for all projects on construction site.
- Responsible for ensuring that project managers:
- Ensure all technical work is carried out within the approved budgets
- Assist at all times in maintaining a safe working environment within Company workplaces, and applying the Company Health & Safety Policy for their own, their colleagues, third parties and the public’s benefit.
- Capacity investment plans
- Existing capacity allocation plan
- Country operating model plan and review
- Technical 90%
- Administrative 10%
- Cost effectiveness of projects: Proportion of projects at high that were achieved value for money than expected (20%)
- Issues causing contract disputes, termination and liquidity before due date-% of contracts with issues arising, disputes, termination and liquidity before due date against procurement’s total signed contracts each year (15%)
- Lead time from Request for Quote to contract award- Shows the lead time from RFQ to award of contract (15%)
- Savings generated- Measured as a % unit cost reduction as compared to budget. (20%)
Reports and Processes:
- Timeliness of deliverables (reports and projects) – percentage of deliverables that are delivered to the target audience as per the agreed deadlines (5%)
- Quality of deliverables – percentage of deliverables that meet or exceed expectation (5%)
- Quality of coordination with relevant departments (5%)
- Feedback – The annual average rating from 360-degree surveys launched (15%)
- 10+ construction related experience
- Undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in an Engineering field (structural, electrical, mechanical)
- An advanced degree in engineering or a related field is also strongly preferred
- Experience in managing large scale projects within the real estate sector.
- Excellent understanding of the construction industry
- Ability to manage several large scale projects at the same time
- Gathers information nationally and internationally about what could be; visualises the future and assesses what needs to change; thinks strategically, considers wider effects thoroughly, including customers, shareholders and people; promotes and builds enthusiasm for the vision.
- Balances the needs of the stakeholder triangle; assimilates and analyses relevant information; identifies core principles, and applies them consistently to decisions; identifies and mitigates risks; creative in providing solutions; owns decisions.
- Good planning/project management skills
- Exceptional negotiation, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Knowledge of key processes and phases in construction (Structure, M&E, Finishing)
- Deep understanding of corporate functions like procurement and contracting, budget and planning, and de-bottlenecking other corporate processes
- Proficient in creating and understanding a planning schedule and work break down structure
- Outstanding people leadership and management skills. Ability to drive change management across the organization
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and oral
- Sets milestones and timeframes to achieve objectives and operational requirements; determines priorities and allocates responsibilities and manages workflow; establishes measures and monitoring systems; monitors unit and individual performance, putting (joint) action plans in place to address areas of non-compliance; anticipates hurdles and has contingency plans to get around them.
Job Title: Business Development Manager (ARM Investment Manager)
- The Position Holder is responsible for acquiring and maintaining high-value business relationships across focus market segments of institutional, High Net-worth Individuals (HNIs), and mass-affluent segments through the provision of superior investment advice to clientele, optimal structuring of their portfolio to meet both their short to long-term objectives, with the aim of driving FUM growth, achieving set business targets, and overall client satisfaction.
- Strategic Initiatives Responsible for supporting the implementation of strategic initiatives that sustain / improve the organization’s competitive advantage within its operating environment.
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) as prescribed by Supervisor
Duties and Responsibilities
- Business Development Development of business prospects across the company’s entire spectrum of the company’s target segments, by undertaking the initiation and development of business proposals and aggressive sales pitching for business solicitation from existing and prospective customers.
- Strategic Account Acquisition Aggressive identification, prioritizing, and management of corporate relationships with strategic partners that have sufficient reach to provide business development results for the business
- Sales Reporting Prepare periodic and adhoc reports showing trends, and current state of managed portfolio of funds under management, sales projections, as well as key lessons learnt.
- Monitoring of Macro-economic Trends Continuously monitor developments in the macro-economic environment in general and in the financial service sector in particular with a view to taking advantage of the emerging opportunities and minimize the potential threats to our business e.g. changes in clients’ needs and values, competitor activities, regulatory changes, tax laws etc.
- Applying advanced knowledge of financial products, services, and strategies to provide a holistic advice. The financial products include traditional and non-traditional investment such as:
- Diversified Array of Mutual funds
- Local & Offshore Equities and Fixed Income Investments
- Customized Portfolio Management Services
- Specialized Funds i.e Private Equity, Hospitality and Retail & Infrastructure Funds
- Real Estate Fund & Direct Real Estate Investments (Retail to Upscale)
- Conducting comprehensive reviews to analyze financial data and provide recommendations for modifications based on client’s risk tolerance, goals, objectives and individual preferences.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university.
- Minimum of 4 – 6 years of professional working experience in the financial service industry
- Relevant experience in Investment/Wealth Management or Financial Services
- Strong business acumen to be able to recognize and interpret commercial opportunities
- Must have demonstrated ability to create sales/relationship opportunities with clients, prospects and consultants within the institutional segment
- Must have excellent presentation skills and in-depth product and broad investment knowledge
- Familiarity and existing relationships with local and offshore institutional mandates.
- Ability to quickly comprehend and filter complex information. This is often required within a short timeframe, as clients will generally look to you for input on a wide range of topics, some of which will be time-sensitive and may be confidential.
Job Title: Senior Treasury Associate
Location: Lagos, NG