Assembler – Stage 2 at Ge Nigeria
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assembler – Stage 2
Ref No: 3077384
Location: Calabar, Cross River
Job Function: Manufacturing
Business Segment: Oil & Gas Headquarters
- The Assembler will undertake the Specific Assembly activities on Sub-Sea Production equipment and where authorised, repair GE Subsea Products together with ancillary equipment according to company and client procedures. Ensure compliance with contractual agreements.
Assemble products in accordance with applicable Drawings and Engineering Part Specifications and any specific Assembly Procedures as per below.Utilise Support Equipment such as Torque Equipment, List Caps, Hydraulic Skids, Laser Alignment equipment, Drilling and Tapping Tooling and Electrical Continuity Testing Meters to undertake:
- Fit Spools Production & Chemical
- Fit Stab Plates
- FIT SCMMB
- Fit Guide Cone if Required
- Fit Ancillary Parts
- Deliver Quality products that meet all requirements to meet production deadlines.
- Work in a safe and environmentally friendly manner giving due care and diligence to Colleagues and in the work place
- Educational Requirements and/or Equivalent Experience in Mechanical Engineering Discipline.
Previous Experience and Knowledge in:
- Engineering Hand Skills
- Using and Understanding Engineering Assembly Documentation, Bill of Materials and Drawings
- Using and understanding Engineering Measurement equipment: Vernier’s/Micrometres
- Assembly Activities
- Lifting Operations
- Manual Handling Activities
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
- Good Time Keeping
- Proactive & Positive attitude to EHS & Quality
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Good communication & Interpersonal skills.
- Report writing skills
- PC skills to include: E-mail; Excel, Word.
- Possess initiative & ability to work by themselves and as part of a team
- Good level of comprehension in written and oral English
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online