Application Analyst at FHI 360
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Application Analyst
Job type: Full time
- The Application Analyst will provide support to end-users, internal users, or partners.
- The incumbent will provide first line support for DHIS 2 issues and activities throughout Africa and Asia, as well as issues related to desktop computers, laptops, printers, network connectivity, remote access and programmatic technology platforms.
- S/He will simulate or recreate a process to resolve operating difficulties and may interact with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problems.
- S/He will work with the Regional IT Manager, US ISS Operations team and US ISS Infrastructure team to coordinate support, project delivery, upgrades and routine tasks.
- S/He also will also work under the supervision of the Technical Advisor, Business Solutions to support our global DHIS 2 environments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate data management issues (e.g., deletion of records, query management, Internet reports) within the data users group
- Run checks periodically to ensure the security and confidentiality of identifiable health data
- Assist with the implementation of the appropriate data management platforms as needed
- Support the management of the hardware and software as related to the operations of the SQL Server DBMS, including system development and maintenance, recommend purchase of new hardware and software maintenance of records and reports relating to database operations and data/project archives.
- Guide staff in database use based on technical knowledge of field.
- Ensures compliance of FHI 360’s IT Policies with basic understanding of Information Technology industry practices.
- Assist project teams in preparing project results for presentation at regional or national conferences with some supervision.
- Contribute to writing proposals by drafting technical data-related sections and participating in work plan development.
- Support the development of data procedural protocols, update, and reviews
- Ensure basic support of hardware, software, applications and operating systems, network printers and scanners, technical consultation and networking.
- Support to lead small projects to build project management/delivery capacity
- Perform software installations on company computers and configures applications as specified
- Assist with repairs of computer equipment and replace computer parts where necessary
- Plan and implement scheduled maintenance upgrades and software upgrades when necessary
- Manage IT incidents/requests and escalate them to the Regional IT Manager as necessary
- Demonstrates ownership of customer issues and independently seeks solutions.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Working knowledge and understanding with a variety of technologies to effectively support end- users.
- Ability to interact with a broad range of end-users and use various technical resources to provide support.
- Knowledge and experience with incident management and operations services tools and systems.
- Basic to intermediate proficiency with DHIS 2 and other open source data management platforms
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite 2013 & 2016, Windows 7 & 10, Exchange 2010/2013, Active Directory.
- Basic knowledge of Cisco routers/switches and other networking devices.
- Willingness to increase knowledge and update skills as required.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Diplomatic; demonstrated experience in effective and tactful dialogue with all levels of staff, individuals from diverse cultures, and the public.
- Ability to multi-task and self-motivate through assignments and routines.
Qualifications and Requirements
- MSc/MA in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or its equivalent with 0 – 3years experience providing end-user phone support for current PC desktop and application software OR installing, upgrading, troubleshooting and repairing personal computers in a network environment, supporting DHIS 2
- Or BSc/BA in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or its equivalent with 3 – 5years experience providing end-user phone support for current PC desktop and application software OR installing, upgrading, troubleshooting and repairing personal computers in a network environment, supporting DHIS 2
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO) is an added advantage
The following is a summary of fringe benefits provided by FHI 360 to eligible employees:
- Comprehensive medical plans (PPOs)
- Dental insurance
- Vision coverage
- Group life and AD&D insurance
- Health savings account
- Long-term disability
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Dependent life insurance
- Business travel insurance
- Supplemental personal accident insurance
- Supplemental disability
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation, sick and parental leave
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Pension plan
Other benefits (will vary depending on work location):
- Public transportation program
- On-site fitness center
- Local credit union membership
- Health and wellness program
- Employee assistance program
- Qualified tuition programs (529 plans)
- Bicycle subsidy
- Legal assistance plan
- Pet insurance
Application Clsoing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online