APM Terminals New Ongoing Recruitment – Apply Now!
APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish Maersk Group a Global Fortune 500 company with about 89,000 employees and offices in 130 countries with global growth opportunities in a range of fields from shipping and energy to our offshore and manufacturing industries Join us to achieve even your most ambitious career goals!
Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your work place.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Direct Sales Manager
- Research and understand the territory to identify and establish business contacts with potential customers.
- Research and analyse competitive and industry trends (e.g. analyse sales statistics, prepare reports, study literature regarding new and existing services and monitor sales, prices and services of competitors); recommend appropriate measures.
- Ensure Customer Relationship Management tools are updated on time and with high-quality data.
- Drives two-way communication and clearly articulates the value proposition, engages the customer in jointly addressing business priorities and is good at picking up verbal and non-verbal cues.
- Understands customers value drivers and has the ability to discuss them from multiple angles and has a dedication to meeting the requisite expectations and requirements.
- Drives for results and can be relied upon to meet and exceed expectations and key performance indicators.
- Is an effective networker that is good at attaining first-hand knowledge of the customer and building trusting and lasting relationships with the customers.
- Can pressure the customer and understands the decision-making process and how to influence key decision-makers and pre-empts stakeholder objections to reach a favourable outcome.
- Is comfortable discussing money and has a good understanding of competitors pricing and offers and how differences are justified by other product characteristics.
- Manage assigned customers and budget base; pursue and secure business in line with the corporate and regional objectives within the commercial scope.
- Develop customer value propositions for all appropriate business opportunities. Strive for consultative sales to distinguish market presence by effectively probing and identifying needs and suggesting solutions to help customers.
- Build a good understanding of target customers and the assigned account base (contact, commodities, trade lanes, type of business, contract information including exceptions and service requirements).
- Establish internal network in Nigeria and globally to facilitate resolution of customer issues.
- Build understanding of all service offerings to be able to offer integrated solutions.
- Communicate significant trends, rate changes and policies to assigned accounts.
We are looking for
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills (both written and oral).
- Organisational and time management skills including multi-tasking, prioritising, and the ability to plan work activities efficiently to meet deadlines
- Possess enthusiasm, a strong work ethic and a willingness to learn. We also value great people skills, ambition and integrity.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from a reputable University/higher institution
- Minimum of 5 years industry or equivalent sales experience.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office and have a good working knowledge of web-based software and Customer Relationship Management tools such as Salesforce.com or similar CRM systems
- This position offers career development, exposure to multinational systems and process as well as an outstanding opportunity to join a professional team at APM Terminals and contribute to the success of the organization.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 29th October, 2018.