Apata & Ascott Limited Current Employment Opportunities [3 Positions]
Apata & Ascott Limited – We are a human resource consulting firm that is focused on delivering business value to organizations. We help organizations achieve their objectives by developing and executing strategies and policies that are aligned with business plans and a focus on best practices. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Female HR Assistant
- We are looking to employ a female HR Assistant with outstanding administrative and communication skills. She would be expected to be a conceptual thinker with superb organizational and time management skills. She must be reliable and should accurately follow instructions with the ability to multitask and acclimatize in a fast-paced environment.
- To ensure success, she should display remarkable conflict management and decision-making skills with a solid understanding of employee relationships, staffing management, and payroll and benefits administration. Top candidates will be superb at problem-solving, efficient in scheduling and precise in the recruitment process.
- Support all internal and external HR related inquiries or requests.
- Maintain digital and electronic records of employees.
- Serve as point of contact with benefit vendors and administrators.
- Assist with the recruitment process by identifying candidates, performing reference checks and issuing employment contracts.
- Maintain calendars of HR management team.
- Oversee the completion of compensation and benefit documentation.
- Assist with performance management procedures.
- Schedule meetings, interviews, HR events and maintain agendas.
- Coordinate training sessions and seminars.
- Perform orientations and update records of new staff.
- Produce and submit reports on general HR activity.
- Process payroll and resolve any payroll errors.
- Complete termination paperwork and exit interviews.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest HR trends and best practice.
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources or related course (essential).
- At least 4 years of experience as an HR Assistant (essential).
- Exposure to Labor Law and employment equity regulations.
- Effective HR administration and people management skills.
- Exposure to payroll practices.
- Full understanding of HR functions and best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
- Highly computer literate with capability in email, MS Office and related business and communication tools.
- Fantastic organizational and time management skills.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to accurately follow instructions.
Job Title: Counsel – Litigation
- We are looking for an experienced litigation attorney to join our team. Someone who enjoy ambiguity, love working on complex legal and social issues, and believe that a company can change the world by encouraging immersive travel.
- Must have specific experience with regulatory litigation in the e-commerce space, commercial disputes, and consumer legal issues.
- Active and strategic management of a diverse range of complex litigation and pre-litigation matters in numerous jurisdictions.
- Oversee and manage product liability litigation caseload and other cases of company-wide significance
- Develop and execute litigation strategy, manage discovery obligations, manage outside counsel, determine proper case disposition, and monitor litigation budgets expenses.
- Evaluate and manage pre-litigation disputes.
- Advise business units concerning various matters, including product warnings, product use instructions, and risk mitigation strategies.
- Participate in significant internal investigations.
- Minimum of 6 years of heavy litigation experience in law firm with an emphasis/focus on complex litigation (and at least some product liability litigation experience required) and not more than 7 years at the bar.
- Currently admitted in good standing to practice law in Nigeria.
- Education must include WAEC, BL, Called to The Nigerian Bar, NYSC, and LLM.
- Professional Certifications are added advantage.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Strong organizational and project-management skills
- High degree of professionalism, diplomacy, discretion, and judgment
- Complete comprehension of litigation process from start to finish, including pleadings, discovery, motion practice, experts, and trials.
Job Title: Facilities Manager
- We are looking for an experienced Facilities Manager for one of our clients (WESTONE LOGISTICS) to oversee all building-related activities. Candidate will be responsible for preserving the good condition of infrastructure and ensure that facilities are safe and well functioning.
- He /She must be well-organized and able to optimize the use of space and equipment while reducing operating costs. Leadership abilities and phenomenal efficiency can set you apart among our candidate pool.
- The goal is to ensure our business’s accommodation is problem-free and safe so that employees can work under the best conditions.
- Plan and coordinate all installations (telecommunications, heat, electricity etc.) and refurbishments
- Manage the upkeep of equipment and supplies to meet health and safety standards
- Inspect buildings’ structures to determine the need for repairs or renovations
- Review utilities consumption and strive to minimize costs
- Supervise all staff facilities staff (custodians, technicians, groundskeepers etc.) and external contractors
- Control activities like parking space allocation, waste disposal, building security etc.
- Allocate office space according to needs
- Handle insurance plans and service contracts
- Keep financial and non-financial records
- Perform analysis and forecasting
- Proven experience as facilities manager or relevant position
- Well-versed in technical/engineering operations and facilities management best practices
- Knowledge of basic accounting and finance principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Good analytical/critical thinking
- B.Sc/BA in Facility Management, Engineering, Business Administration or relevant field
- Relevant professional qualification will be an advantage
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline: 9th September, 2019