Android (Java & Kotlin) at Divergent Technologies
The Divergent are a group of people dedicated to radical transformation in the workplace and in the techspace, by challenging conventional norms, and ways of thinking.
Android (Java & Kotlin)
- Location: Lagos
- We are looking for an Android developer responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a vast number of diverse Android devices
- Your primary focus will be the development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services
- You will be working along-side other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure.
- Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code.
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”
- Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- A knack for bench-marking and optimization
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Please be advised that a good understanding of React Native and Kotlin will be a massive advantage
- Applicants must have at least 1.5 years + experience with evidence of at least 2 projects they’ve worked on.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as subject of the email.
Deadline: 29 November, 2019