Anambra State Government New Job Position
Anambra State Government is implementing a World Bank Assisted State Local Governance Reform Project. The objective of the project is to improve transparency, accountability and quality in public financial management in participating States.
As part of measures to ensure full implementation of the project objectives, applications are invited for the position below:
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Duration: 11 Months
Responsible for overseeing all aspect of SPCU’s work, which will include:
- Liaise with the State government and World Bank on project supervision/implementation support mission;
- Oversee project funds, including replenishment request and appropriate expenditure on goods and services, consulting services, and use of funds for operating expenses;
- Monitor and evaluate project activities;
- Report monthly to the SPSC and STC and advise the committee on strategies that will accelerate and enhance the implementation of the project.
- Supervise the implementation of the project to ensure that yearly work plans are achieved;
- Develop yearly work programs, procurements plans, and financial budget for the project in collaboration with AEA’s.
- Liaise and collaborate with the components management teams and desk officers to ensure that they prepare and implement action plans based on the project; Provides technical guide to the AEA’s, particularly World Banks guidelines and procedures
- Prepare and submit quarterly reports on the implementation of the projects to the State Technical Committee, State Steering Committee, the State Project Coordinating Units (SPCU)and World Bank
- Serving as the Secretary to the project Steering committee;
- Be, at least a Director in the Public/Civil Service or its equivalent
- Experience in project management
- 15-Year work experience with at least five at a managerial level
- Team building, communication and networking skills
- Negotiation, analytical skills and diplomacy and drive for results
- Sound knowledge of World Bank procedures and processes of work
- Computer literacy and proficient in its utilization
- Proficiency in English Language.
This post is remunerated based on agreed terms with the World Bank.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send and address a signed and sealed Application with telephone number/s and email addresses to:
Ministry of Economics Planning,
Budger and Development Partners,
Jerome Udoji Secretariat Complex,
Application Deadline 5th September, 2018.