Aml Compliance Officer at Western Union Company
Job Title: AML Compliance Officer
Ref No: 1705349
- We are seeking for an AML Compliance Officer based in our Lagos, Nigeria Office
- In this role, you will responsible for working directly with Western Union Agents within assigned territory of Nigeria, Ghana, Liberia, Sierra Leone.
- You will be the primary compliance resource with responsibilities of measuring Agents Compliance and Anti-Fraud programs; driving training and awareness initiatives, and, providing guidance and support to Agents.
- You will also be responsible for driving Agents to implement or enhance compliance and anti-fraud procedures and assist in the development of Agents Locations Compliance and Anti-Fraud programs, as required.
Sound interesting? Here are some specifics:
- Propose corrective action measures to mitigate any risks identified throughout the conduction of the Compliance reviews of Agents (Locations /Points of Sale),
- Conduct regular WU Locations/Points of Sales reviews (Onsite /Offsite)
- Conduct Anti-Fraud/Anti money laundering awareness ad-hoc training for locations operators during onsite reviews
- Provides guidance, policy interpretation and support to Agents locations within the region.
- Actively participates in Region Compliance discussions on risk and participates in governance and risk mitigation meetings as appropriate.
- Execute on established WU AML (Anti-money laundering) Compliance & Anti-Fraud programs, principles, standards & oversight expectations within assigned territory.
- Implement policies and procedures designed to mitigate exposure and enhance compliance activities.
- Ensure that the locations Compliance program is maintained and relevant and up to Western Union Compliance Minimum Standards
- Performs other duties as assigned by the manager of the region: GDD-FIU-FRM referrals and escalations, agents reviews, regulatory outreach
- Perform other duties as assigned by the manager of the region: manage referrals and escalations, agent reviews, and regulatory outreach
What you will need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s Degree in any field of the following: Business Administration, Law, Finance, Accounting, Economics with proven work experience within the financial services industry/Risk, Audit or Internal Control
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar position within a financial industry or as compliance-officer and/or Risk, Audit and internal controller.
- Excellent analysis and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately work with confidential information
- Ability to facilitate the collection of information through interviews, meetings etc.
- Ability to articulate, communicate information to various audiences verbally and in writing
- Excellent demonstrated organizational skills, including time management, record keeping, self-scheduling, and follow-up
- Fluent in English.
- Detail oriented, excellent computer skills with all common MS Office programs
- Very good presentation skills.
- Aptitude for continuously learning and understanding AML(Anti-money laundering) risks and concerns as well as product uses and risks
- Ability to operate multi-nationally with internal business partners and Agents
- Ability to work in a self-directed and remote environment
- Demonstrated understanding of the Western Union business practices, organizational structure
- Demonstrated ability to draft clear and professional reports and other documents of a legal, compliance and business nature
- Must be a self-starter and be able to act independently
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities in a dynamic environment
- Ability to travel up to 50% or less depending upon work location and area assigned.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive global pay and benefits
- Unparalleled experience as part of one of the most advanced compliance teams in the world, with opportunities to build valuable skills and grow your career
- Diverse, global team with colleagues in over 50 countries
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to Apply