AGM, Sales & Business Development at Nigeria Machine Tools Limited (NMT)
Nigeria Machine Tools Limited (NMT) is an end-to-end Engineering design, consulting, production and services company with extensive multi-plant capabilities. We are the leading manufacturer of machine tools and implements, machine accessories, mechanical spares and after sales support provider in West Africa. Our plant facilities, assembly and production capacities make us the preferred provider of some of the most complex spares, implements, machine tools and varied equipment services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: AGM, Sales & Business Development
- This position leads the sales and business development function and drives the Company’s strategic sales and business development objectives.
- This position will be based in Lagos but significant travel will be required.
Key responsibilities include:
- Identify business opportunities in both new and established areas of operation and coordinate plans for converting such opportunities into revenue streams for the Company.
- Define and evaluate market opportunities aimed at positioning the Company to gain competitive advantage, improved visibility and market share
- Drive “Request for quote’ process with new prospects and close new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Formulate and forecast sales targets in volume and value and ensure they are achieved by the team.
- Carry out the preparation of quotations, business tenders and pre-qualification packages, employing strategic and well-coordinated responses and ensuring delivery within published deadlines and in full compliance with technical and commercial requirements,
- Assign targets to all sales and business development teams, prepare action plans for them to realize their targets and evaluate their performances against targets.
- Innovate and offer new ideas and approaches for developing NMT business relationships and communications with prospective business partners/clients
- Management of high profile key accounts in the both Oil and Gas and Non-Oil and Gas sectors.
- Work with team to develop proposals that speak to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Implement new ways to increase sales and drive sales strategy
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop NMT’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Organize business development training and mentoring to business developers and other internal staff.
- First degree in Engineering, Marketing or related discipline plus MBA or equivalent qualification
- Minimum of 12 years Sales or Business Development experience.
Technical Skills and Personal Qualities:
- Proven track record in sales, business development and winning new businesses
- Proven track record of increasing revenue through generation of leads
- Good experience in product management of technically complex offerings where you can demonstrate a track record of both sales growth and portfolio development.
- You are an excellent manager of multilevel client relationships and have previous experience in a sales or business development capacity.
- A sophisticated communicator, you are comfortable operating in a matrix structure requiring a range of styles, including managing through influence.
- Experience of major bids and tenders highly desirable, including contract preparation and negotiation.
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit.
- Proficiency in use of MS Excel, Word and Power Point and other computer applications
- Strong customer service culture.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com