Adron Homes and Properties Limited is recruiting for fulltime Internal Control Officer.
Internal Control Officer
- Location(s): • Lagos, South West — Nigeria
- Specialization: • Finance / Accounting
- Industry: • Engineering / Construction / Real Estate
- Application Deadline: November 02, 2017
- Job Type Fulltime
Adron Homes and Properties Limited is a Real Estate and Property Development Company whose purpose to help people realize their aspirations for the pride of ownership, comfort, security and wealth through the provision of excellent homes and the will to provide homes for all classes of society with focus on the neglected populace in respect to government housing programs . Our core value is built on consistent Quality Services to clients and subscribers; develop our talents and achieve high quality standard; make decisions and help grow the business; and unity in purpose and sharing ideas to achieve a common goal.
Internal Control Officer
Experience: 5 year(s)
Course of Study: Accounting
Required Grade: Any
- This position plays a key role in the review and development of policies, implementation of internal controls in Adron Homes and Properties Limited.
Key Functions of the Position
- To plan, organize and carry out the internal controls function including the preparation of an audit manual, audit plan, scheduling and assigning work and estimating resource needs.
- Conduct risk assessment of departments/functional areas in accordance with timelines.
- Conduct audit testing of potential risk areas and identify reportable issues.
- To conduct any reviews or tasks requested by Management.
- Actively participates in the development of Internal Control policies ensuring that they are relevant to Adron Homes and Properties Ltd environment.
- Develop and implement appropriate operating procedures to ensure compliance with Adron Homes and Properties Ltd Policies.
- Monitor and provide advice to management to minimize risk resulting from poor internal controls.
- Identify areas of financial and administrative strengths and weaknesses and Develop best practices.
- Review the responses to internal and external audit management to letter of queries to ensure that recommendations are implemented; follow up on audit action plan to ensure that all action items are resolved before the next annual audit.
- Provide management with periodic reports on compliance with Adron Homes and Properties Ltd Standards.
- Provide training to staffs on Internal Controls.
MIN REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
Key Qualifications and Skills Required:
- HND/B.Sc graduate degree in related field.
- 5-7 years experience in accounting, finance and auditing.
- ICAN is an added advantage.
- Experience in writing internal policies and procedures and process evaluation and documentation
- A demonstrated knowledge of finance, accounting and internal controls.
- Strong analytical skills. Detail oriented and ability to work and interpret figures and other financial information.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written.
- Ability to work interdependently within a team with little or no supervision.
Method of Application
Qualified applicants should forward their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org