Administrative Officer at Terre des hommes Foundation
Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh) is a child relief Non-Governmental Organization with a presence in over 30 countries of the world and more than 90 projects. Our goal is to make a significant and lasting difference to the lives of children in need.
We support children in areas of Child and Maternal health, protection, Water and sanitation and Migration. Our humanitarian services sector aid children in crisis situations across the world. Tdh in Nigeria will implement projects in Health, Wash and Child Protection sectors.
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 4 years
- Location Borno
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial
General description of the position:
- In his/her capacity as representative Tdh, the Admin & HR Officer is responsible to organize HR and administrative activities for the Maiduguri and provide support to the emergency project(s) being implemented in all LGAs .
- S/he will be responsible for the monthly closing of the accounts. S/he supports and implement the admin procedures respecting Tdh mandate and commitments and international standards.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
Staff recruitment and management:
- Assist the HR teams in the field for the administrative management of recruitment and hiring
- Alignment of recruitment requests with managers and finance department for any new recruitment
- Administrative management of national staff recruitment processes
- Reference checking of all new recruitments
- Prepare national staff contracts and/or contract amendments when necessary
- Supervise the consultancy service contracts
- Ensure up to ate filing and archiving of all personnel data
- Lead the new staff induction process, including providing all new and existing staff with applicable policies in place such as Child Protection policy, Whistleblowing policy, updates on National regulations etc.
- Visits to field offices and/or partner organizations to ensure compliance with procedures applicable and onsite training
- Staff performance appraisal process lead, ensure appraisals are provided on a timely manner by all supervisors
- Assist staff and supervisors resolve amicably possible disagreements regarding appraisals, to ensure smooth running of the operations and promote a healthy and professional environment in each office
- Payroll preparation and dissemination to all.
- Ensure correct calculation of government taxes and contributions for all staff as per the local laws applicable
- Timely update of all HR information in the database to ensure correct calculation of payroll, such as contract amendments, annual leave forms, staff timesheets, disciplinary memos etc.
- Filing and archiving of staff attendance sheets and ensure compliance with staff timesheets and allocation per budget line.
- Verify, before recording, that records conform to regulations and procedures of Tdh
- Prepare monthly closing, revision and integrity of accounts
- Issue vouchers, supervise archiving of records
- Participate in audits or any checks issued by partners or head office, at the base level
- Participate in the consolidation of budget follow ups and cash forecasts at the base level
- Monitor due dates for payments of contracts managed by the administrative coordinator
- List liquidity needs in concert with the admin coordinator
- Record budgetary transfers and keep accounting codes
- Archive accounting records according to Tdh procedures after a final verification of receipts etc.
- Guarantee security of the cash and confidentiality of information
- Booking and update flight schedules of staff between Maiduguri Abuja airports and vice-versa
- Assist the Admin Coordinator on international staff visa requirements
- Issue attestation letters for national staff travel when necessary
- Regularly exchange information with his/her manager
- Regular communication with Provide up to date information Admin Coordinator reporting to the government bodies in relation to national staff taxes and contributions
Networking / External Coordination:
- Always keep in close contact with respective local government department to ensure their active participation for effective implementation of the administration and HR issues
- In general, make sure that a positive and professional image of Tdh is conveyed. In particular, ensure that Tdh’s mandate, thematic policies, ethics, values and views are followed in relation to third parties
- Fully comply with Tdh Code of Conduct and ensure Child Safeguarding Policy is upheld at all times
- Ensure adherence to Tdh standards and quality requirements in all the project activities.
- Accept new responsibilities as and when those are assigned by the line manager.
- The post holder is polite, respectful, honest, punctual (and respects deadlines), creative, pacifist, proactive, committed and – during office hours – non-political.
- S/he is in constant exchange with colleagues and supervisors, communicates problems and enriches discussions.
- S/he treats people of different religion, age, sex, and economic status appropriate and equally and actively ensures their wellbeing and raises his/her voice when required.
- S/he is willing to improve own capacities and is open for all topics Tdh is working on to actively contribute to a comprehensive programme implementation.
- S/he uses Tdh equipment, vehicles and premises, internet and electricity economically and responsibly.
- S/he positively represents Tdh to beneficiaries, stake holders and the general public.
Abuse Prevention Policy (CSP) – Operational Risk Management:
- The post holder complies with the Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety Policy and Anti-Fraud and Corruption Policy.
- S/he reports any breach observed in the framework of this policy during his/her professional activities both as regards the proven or suspected offence and a preventive breach.
Tdh Regulations and Policies:
- The post holder abides by all internal rules, regulations and policies.
- This version supersedes all previous versions.
- I have read, understood and accepted the terms of this Job Description
- At least 4 years’ experience at Finance & HR officer position within international organisation
- English is mandatory (oral and written)
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Ability to work under high pressure and without constant supervision
- Keen on developing the links and continuum between relief activities and development projects
- Good organisational skills, co-ordination and transfer of knowledge
- Excellent communication skills and a commitment to team work
- Ability to work under high pressure
- Ability to work in a tense context with strict security measures
- Proven experience in project writing and reporting
- The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are not exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project needs.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV (Resume), letter of motivation and the details of 2 people who will serve as professional references, all must be in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- CV’s will be pre-selected according to their coherence with the required profile.
- Selected candidates will be called for interviews and selection tests (at the office).