Administration and Human Resources Officer at Education as a Vaccine
Education as a Vaccine is a non-profit organization created in 2000 to improve the health and development of children and young people. EVA envisions a Nigeria where children and young people reach their full potentials and work to build and implement innovative and sustainable mechanism for improved quality of life for vulnerable children and young people.
Administration and Human Resources Officer
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 2 – 5 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial Human Resources / HR
Organization Unit: Finance and Administration
Reports to: Team Leader, Finance and Administration
Key Task and Responsibilities
Human Resource Management:
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Maintains organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
- Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Maintain and update pay schedule by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual staff pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by supervisors; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
- Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
- Support yearly capacity audits of all organizational staff and document gaps in professional and technical knowledge and skills.
- Sources for and advises management of opportunities for staff to develop professional and technical knowledge through educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks
- Supervises team members working under Admin and HR sub-unit and follows up on tasks and work results
Office and facility management:
- Maintains office services by organizing office operations and procedures; controlling correspondence; designing filing systems; reviewing and approving supply requisitions; assigning and monitoring clerical functions.
- Maintains office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and equipment procurement.
- Create system and procedures to protect the health and safety of all employees while on organizational premises.
- Maintains records of office assets and supplies according to Finance and Admin policies.
- Maintains office facilities, equipment, assets and supplies.
- Designs and implements office policies by establishing standards and procedures; measuring results against standards; making necessary adjustments.
- Convene, coordinate and document quarterly senior management meetings
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
Procurement of goods and Services:
- Design and execute successful sourcing strategies for supplies, goods and services in line with procurement policy
- Identify quality suppliers and initiate relationships with these suppliers and contractors
- Negotiate with external suppliers and contractors to secure advantageous terms in a transparent manner
- Prepare purchase orders in consultations with various team members
- Coordinate bid comparison committee
- Prepare contracts and agreements in line with organizational policy and government guidelines.
- Foresee unexpected events through proper analysis and control measures
- Propose updates and reviews to procurement policy accordingly
- Control spending and build a culture of long-term savings on procurement
- The AHRO will report directly to the Team Leader, Finance and Admin. S/He will work and support all teams within the organization to deliver on their mandates.
- S/He will be responsible for supervising Admin/Office Assistants, Receptionist and Drivers. Serve as the secretary of the Senior Management Team.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Business Administration, Accounting, Economics, or related academic fields.
- 2-5 years working experience.
- Strong analytical skills with keen sense of discretion and organization management skills.
- Strong human relations skills, in addition to being proactive
- Good oral and writing communication skills.
- Attitude to work as change agent that believes in a continuous improvement approach.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Fluency in English
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Education as a Vaccine (EVA) career website on docs.google.com to apply