ActionAid Job for a Writer in Nigeria
ActionAid is an anti-poverty agency that prioritises works with the poor and excluded; promoting values and commitment in civil society, institutions and governments with the aim of achieving structural changes in order to eradicate injustices and poverty in the world. ActionAid Nigeria is an affiliate of ActionAid International, an International Non-Governmental organisation registered in The Netherlands with its headquarters in Johannesburg South Africa. ActionAid International works in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas.
We invite applications from qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Writer – Policy Brief on Implementation of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in Nigeria
- ActionAid’s engagement with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) explores a comprehensive and collective strategy that speaks to specific goals and targets aligning our strategy action for global justice believe in working together to achieve a common goal.
- A meeting was convened to agree on the most critical goals to engage on and goals 5, 8 and 16 were identified in line with the mission of the global strategy.
- As part of next steps, ActionAid Nigeria have conducted simple assessment, sensitised communities and mobilised other CSOs in the Country to share experience and harmonise the work done.
- The skill share is aimed at providing space for CSOs to continuously share status of implementation of the SDGs at programme and policy level, lessons learnt in the process of monitoring while reflecting on the best possible policy influencing forum for collective national engagement.
- Using the report from the CSOs skill share, the Writer will develop a 2 page Policy Brief with clear recommendations with regards to implementation and accomplishing the SDGs in Nigeria.
- The Writer will strive to influence key actors in the political space on salient issues raised in skill share report; the aim is to shape government policy in these areas.
The CSOs skill share on SDG monitoring will take place on November 8, 2017. Hence the Consultant is expected to finalize the Brief within the specified timeline below:
- First Draft – November 13th
- Final Draft – November 15th
- The consultant will submit a 4 page Policy Brief professionally written and edited.
- The consultant will be free to work independently from any base location or where required.
- S/he will be expected to provide his/her own work equipment and space except where otherwise stated.
- The consultant will work, be accountable directly to ActionAid Nigeria’s Policy Advocacy Campaign and Communications Manager.
- Policy Makers (The Presidency, the Senate and House of Representatives).
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Socials Sciences or Arts/Humanities.
- Knowledge of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) is strongly desired.
- Understanding of Nigeria’s political and policy context.
- At least 10 years work experience; 3 of which should have been spent in the development sector as a policy analyst.
- 4 years’ experience writing policy briefs with evidence of published works.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com and cc: firstname.lastname@example.org Please detail your competencies (include the fee for undertaking the task on the last page of your CV), links to sample of published works and any other relevant information, demonstrating skill and experience in this area.
- The selected Writer will sign a contract with AAN and is responsible for acquiring relevant tools needed for the task.
- Only a flat fee will be paid. Daily rate does not apply