Action Against Hunger New Ongoing Recruitment
Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job type: Full Time
Direct Line Manager: Logistics Manager
Starting date: As Soon As Possible
Tasks and Responsibilities
Objective 1 – Management of equipment, communication means and the vehicle fleet:
- Ensure with the support of the fleet assistant that all drivers follow AAH standard procedures for weekly checks and vehicle documentation.
- Report to Logistic Manager on vehicle, generator or equipment faults.
- In case of accident, incident, provide report to Logistic Manager.
- Compile and consolidate records for vehicles & generators consumptions.
- Supervise allocation and use of equipment.
- Follow-up and monitor installation, maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Ensure tracking of assets, update base equipment list of the facilities with new equipment on a monthly basis and conduct physical check of equipment list each month.
- Ensure with the support of the fleet assistant that standard vehicle and generator fueling, maintenance and repair processes are implemented and adhered with, logbooks are filled, consolidated and monitored on a regular basis and reported monthly.
Objective 2 – Manage the base Logistics team and follow HR related issues:
- Provide support in terms of training/capacity building to team members.
- Participate in the recruitment of base logistics team as required.
- Carry out performance appraisals for staff in his/her line management.
- Oversee the preparation and execution of driver schedules.
- Supervise and manage the works of Radio Operator, Facility Assistant, and Fleet Assistant.
- Ensure that all drivers are aware of AAH operating procedures, safety and security rules for movements.
Objective 3 – Support the logistics supply chain:
- Oversee the PL related to fleet request and follow up on consumption on monthly basis.
- Provide support to program teams in raising PRs for their fleet needs.
- Develop a monthly planning of purchase for the materials required for the facility management; Draft PRs; and ensure quality control of deliveries from suppliers.
Objective 4 – Reporting:
- Collect and analyse monthly reports for inventory, running costs of vehicles and generators, the narrative report of activities, facility equipment list;
- Compile and submit bi-weekly sitrep of your work.
Objective 5 – Manage all rehabilitation for Office, Guest House, and premises:
- Provide useful improvement for construction, rehabilitation and maintenance of structures for the operation of the base.
Internal & External Relationship
- Directly reporting to Logistic Manager.
- Technically supported by Logistics Manager.
- Supervise the works of Fleet Assistant, Facility Assistant, and Radio Operator.
- Liaise with Base Admin and HR Team.
- Liaise with other Base for movement coordination/others.
- Local suppliers and vendors: exchange of information, coordination, influence on choice of technical options.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, or related field.
- Minimum of 4 years work experience required.
Skills & Experience
- Capacity for analysis, synthesis and reporting of large amounts of information.
- Willingness to travel to the field sites.
- Ability to think outside the box in problem management.
- Ability to follow and manage work plans.
- Strong verbal, written and communication skills; approachable, diplomatic, able to maintain confidentiality; able to work effectively in diverse, cross-cultural teams in a complex, multi-site work environment.
- Computer literacy including all Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Fluency in English and Hausa Language.
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organized, rigorous, self-motivated, strong sense of responsibility, ability to work independently.
- Experience in supervisory position an asset.
- Previous experience working for NGOs an asset, particularly international and/or health related NGOs.
- Fluency in one or more national or regional languages an asset.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 11th February, 2019.