Action Against Hunger New Job Position
Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sector Manager – WASH
Location: Damasak, Borno
Job Type: Full Time
- The position is based in Damasak, Borno and supervised by the Multi-Sector Project Manager.
- The Sector Manager is responsible for monitoring and supporting the successful implementation of WASH projects in Borno State.
Task and Responsibilities
- Analyze and develop reports on WASH activities.
- Participate in the definition of the WASH strategy for Action Against Hunger as well as identification and design of potential new intervention areas.
- Manage WASH project team in order to ensure good compliance of activities within the objectives of the mission and of proposals – this includes regular visits to the field sites in order to evaluate achievements; to discuss the constraints encountered, the possible solutions and to make recommendations for current and future programs.
- Participate in external coordination within the WASH sector at the country and state level, as well as national level as required.
- Collaborate and communicate with Technical and Support Coordinators, Project Managers and other members of Action Against Hunger to ensure the coherence of activities and reports in terms of Action Against Hunger WASH strategy.
- Report and track the progress of WASH project activities.
- Develop and ensure the use of appropriate techniques and materials for hygiene promotion and training (CLTS, PHAST and CHAST).
- Plan and manage emergency responses; and priorities activities according to humanitarian needs including sustainability needs.
- Ensure appropriate design, electrification, construction and implementation of WASH hardware according to technical standards, as well as proper maintenance and use of WASH equipments.
- Assess feasibility of Action Against Hunger technical support and guidance to partner agencies and relevant governmental bodies, specifically the RUWASA.
- Degree in Engineering or Public Health Degree (bachelors or equivalent/higher) in a field related to Water, Sanitation and Hygiene.
- Capacity to analyze and resolve problems including taking appropriate action.
- Ability to share information in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to define goals, realistic and specific objectives.
- Capacity to establish priorities in order to achieve expected results.
- Additional training courses specific to WASH in development contexts (such as bioforce Institute graduate), and/or Program Management professional certifications, strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant working experience in a WASH management/supervisory capacity.
- Strong computer literacy, organizational and planning skills, report writing, budget oversight.
- Commitment to upholding Action Against Hunger’s values, excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 27th August, 2018.
- Advert may close before the due date, once we have received applications from qualified candidates.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.