Accountant/Bookkeeper at Teenee Todds Day Nursery/Broadoaks British School
Teenee Todds Daycare is an Early years Nursery that caters to the needs of children between the ages of three months to five years (3 months- 5 years). We are guided by the principles of the EYFS – (EARLY YEARS FOUNDATION STAGE). We believe in the uniqueness of every child, building positive relationships, establishing an enabling environment to foster learning and development.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant/Bookkeeper
Receipts and Invoices:
- Receiving payments from parents/guardians and properly documenting/accounting for all receipts; this includes cash, cheques, POS, and bank transfers
- Invoicing parents in a timely manner based on the school’s billing rates and cycle
- Tracking incidental deposits made for students and appropriately reflecting all deductions
- Providing statements to parents at the end of each day-care session / school term
- Preparing monthly list of outstanding accounts and following up with parents on unpaid invoices
- Attending to parents’ financial queries, this includes queries on payments, invoices, uniforms, books, extended care, late pickup charges etc.
- Preparing monthly Payroll in collaboration with the HR Coordinator; this includes verifying that payroll reflects confirmed staff only, liaising with the HR Coordinator on deductions for lateness, absence, loan repayments etc
- Finalising payroll for submission and approval by the School
- Preparing monthly summary of bank transfers to staff in line with approved payroll
- Preparing and Issuing pay slips to staff on a monthly basis
- Preparing / liaising with the appropriate Government offices on PAYE, Pension, VAT, etc.
- Processing approved reimbursement claims for staff; this includes medical screening for staff, medical expenses for staff, transportation expenses etc.
Purchase Requests, Maintaining Assets and Inventory:
- Verify all purchase requests by liaising with the relevant supervisor
- Process requisition requests and gain appropriate approval to make requested purchases, this includes placing the order for School Resources
- Request at least three (3) independent quotes for items above a certain amount.
- Periodically verify all physical assets and inventory items and document the outcome (at least twice a year)
- Verify all physical purchases with the responsible staff leading on the purchase at the point of delivery; e.g. monthly bulk purchase, delivery of school supplies etc.
- Draft the annual school budget using zero based budgeting principles (1st draft due by end of March/1st week in April; final budget due for approval by the School Board no later than the second week of June)
- Maintain Petty cash for the school
- Prepare daily cash payment and cash balance report
- Prepare vouchers for all entries
- Maintain daily revenue summary and present them in cumulative form
- Perform daily bank reconciliations
- Reconcile the bank account at the end of each month
- Prepare monthly financial reports for submission to the School Director
- Draft budgets for school events as directed by the School Administrator and in collaboration with the Event Lead and the Facility Manager (final budget should be agreed and approved 1 month before the event)
- Identify vendors for the school and maintain a vendor register in collaboration with the Facility Manager (vendor register should be updated every term)
- Liaise with independent external auditors and tax consultants to ensure all financial records are in order
- Ensure accounting records are complete, current and appropriately stored
Qualifications & Experience
- HND/B.Sc in Accounting is required.
- Professional certification by a recognised institution such as ICAN or ACCA is an added advantage.
- At least 5 years’ experience as an Accountant; 2 of which must be in an International School.
- Must be proficient in the use of MS Word and Excel, knowledge of an accounting software is an added advantage.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and attention to detail in a busy, changing work environment.
- Ability to plan and organize work schedule and work within tight timelines
- Must have integrity.
Application Closing Date
15th December, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org Application must have the position applied for as the subject line (e.g Subject line: Accountant/Bookkeeper- John Doe).