Accountant at a Legal Consulting Firm – Bradfield Consulting Limited
Job Title: Accountant
Summary of Responsibilities
- Provide financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data and preparing reports
- Perform monthly, quarterly and annual accounting activities including reconciliations of bank and credit card accounts, coordination and completion of annual audits, and reviewing financial reports/support as necessary
- Prepare asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Document financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarize current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting and other tax requirements
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Administer payrolls and controlling income and expenditure
- Analysing accounts and business plans
- Analysing the revenue and expenditure of a business.
- Ensure that statements and records comply with laws and regulations
- Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions
Skills and Qualifications:
- Reporting and analytical Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Confidentiality and integrity
- Data Entry Management
- Ability to reflect on one’s own work as well as the wider consequences of financial decisions
- Business acumen and interest
- Organisational, problem-solving skills and ability to manage deadlines
- Team working ability
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in IT; Advanced computer skills in MS Office, accounting software and databases
- Methodical approach and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business or economics
- Professional qualification such as ICAN, ACA will be an added advantage
- 2 -3 years of relevant work experience.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online