Accountant Job at Bwc Hotels
At BWC Hotels your stay is an experience. An Experience in luxury. With world class services we create that perfect environment for business or pleasure. Come, spend some time with us and let us take care of everything.
We are an ocean view hotel situated right next to the new Eko Atlantic city. We are in the heart of commercial district which during the day houses the movers and shakers of the financial world and at night is the hotspot for the young and wild at heart.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Payable Accountant
Mission/Core purpose of the Job:
- Providing regular financial reports, as and when they are needed.
- Managing expenditure, credit, payroll and investments.
- Advising managers on financial policy and control, such as the costs and benefits of a particular project;
- Dealing with, and advising on tax issues, ensuring compliance with tax legislation.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities (Strategic)
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to procedural standards
- Prepare Bank reconciliation statement
- Posting to ledgers and reconcile sub ledger to General ledger
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting and other tax requirements.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs
- Excellent planning skills and able to interact with all levels.
- Good MS Office skills particularly strong capabilities in MS Excel.Must understand the use of accounting software. (Sage Evolution).
- Must be focused and result oriented.
- Able to work independently and highly meticulous.
- Prepare bank, receipt and journal vouchers
- Update fixed assets register for each addition of assets and prepare depreciation on each assets.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations,to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Reviewing, implementing and adapting new and existing financial systems and controls.
- Producing and analyzing annual and monthly accounts.
Key Performance Indicators
- Improved turn-around-time in resolving vendors complaints
- Ability to Prepare Bank reconciliation statementGood MS Office skills particularly strong capabilities in MS Excel.
- Ability to analyze accounting reports and post to the right class of account using accounting software. Sage Evolution
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or HND in a recognized institution with a minimum of second class
- Lower division.
- Partly qualified accountant with core accounting experience no less than 3 years.
- Age not above 35
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience from a reputable organization/Institution.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Excellent planning skills and able to interact with all levels. Good MS Office skills particularly strong
- capabilities in MS Excel.Must understand the use of accounting software.
- Capable of working independently and with minimum supervision
- Unquestioned personal integrity with strong ethics and values Showcase good analytical and evaluating skills
- Good human relations.
- Must be focused and result oriented.Able to work independently and highly meticulous.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 14th March, 2018.