Accountant II at a Reputable Company
A reputable company, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates, to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Accountant II
- Accountant II is responsible for the general accounting function including preparing journal entries, inflow and outflow transactions and bank reconciliations.
- Assisting with monthly closings and account analysis and supporting the Accountant 1 in carrying out the responsibilities of the accounting department.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Preparation, signing and posting of payment vouchers into computer system
- Preparation of bank reconciliation statement for all companies
- Preparation of monthly inflows and outflows for submission to management
- Preparation and posting of payment voucher
- Filing of VAT returns, PAYE and pension remittance
- Preparation of financial bid for submission
- Opening of staff retired savings account with PFA
- Capture every payment received from clients into project file and to work detail of the payment circle to determine how long it took us to execute the project and get paid, working the contribution on the project to time and reconciling the account that the company is not vulnerable to subcontractors.
- Keep record of credit notes received from clients and outstanding against the officers and other clients.
- Registration of new staff with Firs for tin
- Assist in payroll preparation
- Carry out the updating/renewals of company statutory certificates e.g TAX, VAT, PAYE, VAT returns, CIT & FRC
- Perform other assignments as maybe assigned by the CEO and other superior officers.
- OND, HND and B.Sc in Accounting
- Minimum of 2 years working experience
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Knowledge of financial reporting
- Previous experience of general accounting
- Proficiency in relevant accounting software
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Communication skills
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Team work
The remuneration package attached to this position is attractive, competitive and subject to industry standard also negotiable. All applicants must have good and verifiable references.
Application Closing Date
23rd November, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Applications together with detailed CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only applicants that resides in Abuja will be shortlisted for this position