Standard Chartered Bank Careers: March 2012
Why Standard Chartered?
70,000 reasons why we are a different kind of bank.
Standard Chartered, the world’s best international bank, leading the way in Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
POSITIONS AVAILABLE: Standard Chartered Bank – Careers – Professional Hires
- PFC / Telesales – Ikeja – 322362
- Validation Officer – 314945
PFC / Telesales – Ikeja
Job ID: 322362
Job Function: Consumer BankingQualifications & Skills
Credit Risk Analysis (INTRODUCTORY)
Customer Relationship Management (Core)
Data Conversion & Reporting (Core)
Legal & Regulatory Knowledge (Core)
Market / Competitor Knowledge (Core)
Product knowledge (Core)
Risk Management (Core)
Needs profiling & analysis (Core)
Negotiation & Objection Handling (Core)
Needs Based / Consultative Sales Skills (Core)
Excellence in Role:
Credit Risk Analysis (Core)
Customer Relationship Management (Advanced)
Product knowledge (Advanced)
Needs profiling & analysis (Advanced)
Needs Based / Consultative Sales Skills (Advanced)
Additional Job specific skill or knowledge area;
Social / Networking skills
Phone based conversation skills
The role holder is responsible for driving profitable volume growth through new business acquisition and maximizing every customer (both new and existing) engagement. Their focus is on the General Mass Market segment, uncovering customer’s needs and providing them with the right product & service solution from the full range of Consumer Banking products offered.
In addition to acquiring new to bank customers, the role holder will manage an assigned portfolio of high value customers segment to further deepen existing relationships and grow share of wallet / potential value within the Bank.
It is expected for the role holder to be customer centric and provide excellent customer service to complete customer’s experience. Role holder is also expected to have some knowledge and experience in offering a range of products to meet the customer’s needs but is unlikely to have the full knowledge and experience to offer all Consumer banking products
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Client Acquisition & Value Management (Required)
- Relationship Management (Required)
- Consultative & Needs Based Selling (Required)
- Transaction Processing (Required)
Job ID: 314945
Job Function: Consumer Banking
- Receive voucher bags from branches under dual opening
- Validation of vouchers
- Prepare entries for error log register
- Escalate STR/SAR
- Arranging teller batches for forwarding to central archive
- Update teller posting database in the system
- Keep track of error regularization with branches
- Act as back up to Validation Manager and Validation Officer, and other job related duties
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Remain alert to the risk of money laundering and assist in the Bank’s efforts in combating it by adhering to the principles in relation to: “Identifying your customer, knowing your customer, reporting suspicions, safeguarding records and not disclosing suspicions to Customers”.
- Act as a Validation Officer
- Update error log/teller posting Database daily in the system
- Handle branches enquiries in a manner which meets agreed service standards
- Report all suspicious transactions to unit manager
- Safe keeping of courier bag keys.
- Scanning of tickets with issues for escalation
- Ensure adequate stocks of all stationery items are available all the time
- Archive batches properly for easy retrieval
Qualifications & Skills
- A University degree (2:2 Minimum)
- Sound knowledge of banking and statutory regulations
- Strong inter-personal skills to manage relationship managers
- Good analytical skills to analyse, interpret, resolve and change workflow and improve productivity
- Ability to identify, analyse and manage operational risks
- Good knowledge of MICR system operations
- Basic PC skills – word processing and spreadsheets
- Thorough understanding of the Banks products and customer mandates
In compliance with the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Act of 2004, all applicants should ensure that they have completed the mandatory NYSC programme. A discharge certificate will be required as evidence of completion of the programme. Where an exemption has been granted, a certificate of exemption will also be required.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by registering or logging in to our careers website (Search for a role) or (Standard Chartered Bank – Careers). To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information to hand when completing your application
- It usually takes 15 – 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.