Maersk (APM Terminals) Nigeria Recruitment
Posted: 6/22/2011 Expires: 7/23/2011 Ref: 58419
Chief Financial Officer – APM Terminals, Apapa, Lagos, Nigeria
APM Terminals is one of the largest container terminal operators in the world. The diverse portfolio includes substantial interests in more than 40 ports around the globe. We continue to actively develop and invest in new projects and opportunities in ports and terminal management. In terms of the future, we are determined to stay at the forefront of our industry by providing value-adding e-business solutions, customer relations management and innovative use of technologies.
APM Terminals commenced operations in Nigeria in March, 2006. Apapa is Nigeria’s largest port and contains a number of wharfs. To date, the staff comprises over 700 highly skilled and motivated foreign and local staff. We stand for operational excellence – from modern equipment, facilities, advanced technology and proven processes and terminal management. We are currently looking for an individual who share our commitment to providing services that are second-to-none.
• This position offers an outstanding opportunity to join the global team at APM Terminals and contribute to the success of the organization. This position reports to the Managing Director.
• Develops and executes the financial strategy of the company, ensuring that the potential profit is maintained, business risk is managed and the company is financially strong.
• Establishes and enforces procedures to improve working routines, provide high quality and valuable information and analyses to aid decision making, achieve efficiencies in terms of costs and ensure that all subjects relating to the financials of the terminal are dealt with in the most efficient manner. www.nigeriabestjobs.com
• Leads and co-ordinates the risk management strategy of the Terminal and makes recommendations to the MD and management team in the risk assessment and management process.
• Leads the procurement function within the terminal & ensures that effective cost management is achieved within the function.
• Ensures that policies and guidelines are followed in accordance with the company’s strategy and policies established by the Board of Directors.
• Financial supervision of projects including but not limited to investment contracts.
• Ensures that matters within scope of responsibility comply with local Law, Local Regulations and APMT’s Strategy and Culture.
• Ensures and establishes proper internal controls and manage financial issues relating to shareholders and Board of Directors.
• Ensures that a proper inventory management system is in place.
• Takes part and contributes in some of the Strategic Initiative project teams.
• The position requires a professional standard of knowledge to lead teams through functional/general expertise in the finance and associated functions.
• Completed post-graduate studies in Accountancy or Finance management or related business studies.
• Minimum 10 years in finance roles including management experience.
• Extensive knowledge of setting of budgets, reporting, inventory control systems and accounting.
• Understanding of Terminal Operations.
• Understanding of the container shipping industry and an ability to relate with shipping company and other associated industry managers.
• Strategic mindset, ability to drive strategic initiatives.
• Able to provide vision and empowers others to take action by effectively delegating.
• Ability to provide leadership, obtain cooperation and assistance to meet objectives, and promote a team environment.
• A truly international working environment in a modern working location
• Value and team-based leadership
• An open and engaging working environment
• A wide range of international career opportunities
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth in a dynamic environment
• Competitive compensation packages
If you have any questions or would like further information, Please contact Jean Chukwura on Jean.Chikodi.Adiele@apmterminals.com or Mildred Blankson email@example.com
About the company:
APM Terminals offers the global shipping community a geographically balanced, integrated Global Port, Terminal and Inland Services Network which includes 55 operating container facilities in 34 countries with 16 new terminal development or expansion projects underway, along with 131 Inland Services locations in 49 countries. Staffed by 22,000 professionals across 64 countries and spanning five continents, we serve every major trade lane with a truly global presence, providing our customers with the most advanced terminal technology, equipment and operations in the industry. APM Terminals has been a major part of the development of the container shipping industry, and it is a role and responsibility we do not take lightly. Originating as Maersk Line’s terminal operating arm, APM Terminals was established as an independent division within the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group in 2001, moving its corporate offices from Copenhagen to The Hague in 2004, and reporting results as a separate business entity within the Group as of 2008. Dedicated to setting the industry standards for efficiency, safety and sustainability, it is our goal to Earn the Customer every day, at every port facility and every location throughout the APM Terminals Global Port, Terminal and Inland Services Network.
| || |