The University College London African Graduate scholarships are open for applications from suitably qualified candidates for the 20114/2015 academic session. This exists to support African nationals with a high-quality academic and professional background who would not be able to study at University College London without financial assistance.
Worth of Award: Up to $16,750. The Scholarship is a one-off award for the academic year September 2014 – September 2015 to study at the UCL Institute for Global Health.
- The candidate must be an African national and a permanent resident of an African nation at the time of application.
- The candidate must have made an application and been accepted to UCL to study for a full-time postgraduate programme at the Institute for Global Health for the coming academic year.
- The scheme offers a substantial scholarship towards UCL tuition fees, accommodation and some living costs.
- The candidate must also be able to provide evidence that he/she has secured other sources of funding for traveling to and from the UK.
How to Apply
- Once candidates have been accepted in the IGH Postgraduate programme and obtained an unconditional offer letter, candidates are required to complete a scholarship application form.
- Candidates are required to submit their completed scholarship application forms with the following documentation:
- Two reference letters. (Preferably one professional and one academic reference). Reference letters must be on letter
- headed paper with a signature and must be signed across the seal of the envelope to ensure confidentiality
(if sent by post)
- If sent by e-mail the referee can send the signed letter directly to Paloma Garcia Paredes at[email protected]
- A copy of the UCL unconditional offer letter for the relevant academic year that the scholarship is intended for.
- A current CV.
- A letter confirming current employment status and annual salary in GBP
- Copies of certificates and transcripts for higher education and professional training
Deadline: application closes on May 9, 2014.