eHealth Africa is focused on improving healthcare by creating effective ways to implement reliable health information management systems. We have developed eHealth and mHealth solutions that can be rapidly deployed to manage patient information, streamline clinical procedures, and provide data and analysis on health program outcomes. Accurate health data will provide NGO’s, hospitals, and donor agencies with access to timely health system indicators needed to evaluate their health interventions and respond to critical public health needs. We bring about positive change by harnessing the potential of technology, valuing the power and knowledge of local people, and maintaining a sharp focus on the health worker. To help close the gap in access to health care we have developed and share a depth of expertise in:
eHealth and mHealth software and solutions
Training and capacity building for sustainable health systems
Research and data analysis
Program Manager: Health Delivery Systems
- Position Based in Kano, Nigeria
- Minimum of 3 years experience in project management required
- Minimum of 2 year commitment required
- Housing, security, health insurance and utilities provided
The Health Delivery Systems Program leverages eHealth’s technological capabilities, data-driven approach, and momentum from its work in the polio eradication program in the design and implementation of ICT infrastructure, software development, vaccine and essential-medicines logistics fulfillment, and service delivery initiatives to improve the quality and availability of information, supplies, and services to the last mile.
The Program Manager is responsible for administering, growing, and reporting on the initiatives and multidisciplinary teams within the Program portfolio, coordinating programmatic strategy across eHealth’s functional departments – including geographic information systems, software, operations and research, and liaising with government and external partners.
As the Program enters its second year, eHealth is looking for a strong leader with a passion for last-mile service delivery and systems thinking in global health to build on the Program’s growth and help it realize its potential across the region.
Candidates with vaccine logistics, technology development, systems engineering, and/or business management backgrounds preferred.
Minimum two-year commitment required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Serves as the primary contact with partners/clients for all project related items
- Participates in long- and short-term program development and planning, and the development of new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the organisation.
- Develops and effectively manages program timelines to ensure timely completion of program deliverables.
- Monitors program activities to ensure quality and accuracy of work outcomes vis-à-vis contractual and grant commitments
- Serves as a resource to project managers for all inquiries, and issues resolutions for project management, contract budget and remediation, and regulatory document preparation
- Responsible for contract and financial management for programs. Ensures budgets are tracked against contract milestones.
- Ensures compliance with laws and regulations.
- Writes reports on the program for management and for funders.
- May frequently travel between company worksites.
- Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, training classes and supervision.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organisation’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Supervises assigned Project Management staff.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
- Bachelor’s degree from college or university in Project Management or related field.
- Master’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience in project management or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of three years of supervisory experience
- Strong leadership skills that include the ability to build effective project teams, ability to motivate others, delegation, and timely/quality decision making.
- Exemplary skills with leading and managing multi-disciplinary teams, as well as mentoring other team members in a clinical research setting.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, organizational skills and great attention to detail. Must be able to work as a leader and member of a team and possess good problem solving skills.
- Must possess the ability to organize, instruct and supervise staff while promoting group effort and achievement.
- Must have the ability to manage conflicts and resolve problems effectively.
- Good learning ability.
- Action oriented and resilient in a fast-paced environment.
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency working within specialized software utilized in program.
- English is the spoken and written language
- Ability to read, analyse, proof and edit documents, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and the general public.