Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria - We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group’s people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
We are recruiting for the position of:
Job Title: High Value Small Business Relationship Manager, PH
Job ID: 422550
Job Function: Consumer Banking
Location: PH, Nigeria
Acquisition and managing of HVSB customer relationships through pro-active and consultative approach and detailed understanding of existing customers’ businesses to enhance liabilities and revenues. The holder is to be the link between strategic and tactical / operational roles in the business.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Acquisition of profitable new customers for HVSB banking business through the creation, development and maintenance of high quality advisory relationships that includes effective consultative selling and creative restructuring of financial solutions (within segmentation boundaries).
- Achieve budgeted growth in HVSB Banking within agreed and approved business risk parameters.
- Deepen and secure existing and new business relationships through the analysis of needs and provision of products and services.
- Creatively tailor products to meet individual and customer needs.
- Analyses and reviews quality of potentials and existing business to ensure maximum profitability.
- Manages credit quality standards through effective management of risk according to the PDDs, Departmental Operating Instructions (DOI) and other SCB/SME policies.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all actual and attempted customer interactions.
- Conduct customer meetings that have defined call objectives, desired outcomes and a well-constructed plan.
Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum of a 2nd Class degree in a relevant course.
- 5-7 years sales experience in a similar role
- Strong sales and relationship management skills
- Good Communication and Interpersonal skills.
- Role holder is expected to have some knowledge and experience in offering a range of products to meet customers’ needs but is unlikely to have the full knowledge and experience to offer all Consumer banking products
- Customer Relationship Management (Expert)
- Market / Competitor Knowledge (Advanced)
- Product knowledge (Advanced)
- Needs profiling & analysis (Advanced)
- Negotiation & Objection Handling (Advanced)
- Needs Based / Consultative Sales Skills (Advanced)
Application Closing Date
19th March, 2014