The Nigerian Bottling Company Limited is one of the biggest companies in the non-alcoholic beverage industry in the country and is the sole franchise bottler of The Coca-Cola Company in Nigeria.
Our company serves approximately 160 million people by producing and distributing a unique portfolio of quality brands, bringing passion to marketplace implementation, and demonstrating leadership in corporate social responsibility.
NBC Ltd started operations in Nigeria in 1951. Based in the city of Lagos, we operate 13 bottling plants across the country. In addition, we channel products through 59 warehouses and distribution centers.
- Job TypeFull Time
- QualificationBA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience5 years
- Job FieldManufacturing
The Packaging Specialist reports to the Packaging Development Manager
Purpose of the Job:To monitor, control and qualify line/field trials on all packaging materials which will meet quality requirements and delivery of the products as per the schedule within BP complying with regulatory bodies and project budget.
- Actively manage packages change for local activities and projects within budget and deadline and ensure achievement of set objectives.
- Contribute to trouble shooting and problem solving for all packaging issues in all product range
- Coordinate and align with supplier/plant teams on Packaging change projects till line commissioning
- Update/create all relevant packaging specifications.
- Actively participate in Packaging optimization for all packaging formats
- Actively support/conduct technical implementation; line trials, packaging qualification and validation
- Training of personnel on any modifications or new equipment installations as regards packaging change
· Initiate and support all packaging improvement initiatives.
· Participate on any ongoing initiatives from group/KO
· To carry out any other projects as directed by Management
- Ensure that the packaging quality is as per the specifications agreed with respective suppliers
- Follow up with suppliers of packaging materials in ensuring that quality issues/complaints are resolved and action plan in place to mitigate reoccurrence.
- Work with Manager to implement innovative solutions to any packaging issues raised by market
- Enforce company safety and sanitation regulations in plant as per company policy
- Manage the supply packaging function to achieve both short and long term objectives
- Ensure suppliers deliver the packaging in line with the commercial terms and service level agreement
- Work in close collaboration with relevant units to ensure that packaging material supplier selection process criteria is properly done.
- Maintain effective working relationship with suppliers of packaging materials beneficial to the business
- Participate in Marketing calendar selection, including New ideas suitable with production lines capability
First Degree in Engineering or Science (Tech) ,Second degree will be an added advantage
Desired candidate profile
First Degree in Engineering or Science (Tech) ,A Masters degree will be an added advantage. Minimum of 5 years experience in FMCG, with understanding of different packaging portfolio.
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here