- Job Category: Admin, Ngo, Banking and Finance Jobs In Nigeria
- Experience year(s)
- Location Nigeria
Rowan Companies is a major provider of global offshore drilling services. Our mission is focused on being the most efficient and capable provider of demanding contract drilling services. We are a market leader with one of the youngest fleets in our industry, including four ultra-deepwater drillships, two of which are currently under construction, and 30 jack-up rigs, 19 of which are rated high-specification.
Rowan was founded in 1923 on the principle that people are more important than machines and tools. Today, we back our state-of-the-art equipment with an experienced leadership team and one of the most skilled and loyal workforces in the industry. Our dedicated employees are the power behind the Rowan legacy of operational excellence.
We pride ourselves on our strong heritage and look forward to a promising future.
The Country Manager has responsibility for overseeing all operations and activities in Nigeria, ensuring safe and efficient operation. Acts as the main contact point for business development activity in communication with current, previous and potential customers and as such holds key role in business development with regard to rig marketing and tendering, and ongoing client liaison.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Shall include but not limited to:
• Influence the business strategy for the Nigerian operation, via the Regional Vice President
• Ensure appropriate strategies are developed and in place to meet key business drivers
• Define country-wide business purpose, vision and objectives in alignment with regional strategic plan
• Establish appropriate systems and authority to enable leadership
• Lead managerial team effectively and efficiently solve functional concerns within their own sphere of influence
• Secure the necessary resources required to enable country-wide operations meet key business drivers
• Perform emergency responsibilities as per emergency procedures
• Ensure all country-wide operations are conducted in accordance with set policies and procedures
• Ensure that compliance with all appropriate regulatory requirements are met, and that these are applied and adhered to correctly
• Lead periodic review of policies, procedures and management systems and processes
• Ensure effective communication with Customers are developed and maintained
• Ensure effective communication with external regulatory bodies are developed and maintained
• Manage change effectively
• Provide visible Leadership and serve as role model to company employees
• Mentor, coach and develop employees in meeting company expectations
• Ensure succession planning is actively promoted and followed
• Support corporate marketing and tendering activity to ensure continuous business activity
• Assume full responsibility for country-wide budgetary planning and control
• Holds bottom line accountability for country-wide spend against budget
• Develop and maintain own competence
• Engineering / Technical Degree
• Business / Commercial Degree
Skills & Experience:
• Previous experience as Operations Manager overseeing day to day drilling operations incorporating offshore rig and onshore locations
• Previous experience of working with Client’s operating policies and procedures, liaising with customer representatives in matters relating to the drilling program.
• Fully acquainted with the characteristics, capabilities and limitations of a drilling installation, and have thorough knowledge of the organization and actions to be taken in case of an emergency.
• Strong experience working with High Pressure and High Temperature Drilling Operations.
• IT Skills including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Star-IPS, RigSense and SAP. Strong IT Skills with Word, Excel, Outlook, SAP and Use of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems, with ability to provide remote assistance
• Able to demonstrate a general knowledge of the equipment, personnel and operating practices associated with an offshore operation, and an ability to make sound decisions, particularly in stressful situations
This role will be posted from 18th December 2014 for 28 days.
Strictly No Agencies Please.